cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
I am sitting on an original 1949 Vincent Black Shadow and I am considering listing it on EBAY. I am concerned that there is very little traffic of this type of bike. Does anyone have suggestions of how to best list it. The machine has been in storage for 30 years and I am not really sure if I should first have it checked out by an expert to properly describe the bike. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Vincent Black Shadow

Hey, jpbcpa,

I will trade this beautiful brand new Harley with full warranty and less than 5,000 miles on it for the Vincent, streight across, no cash involved as soon as I can find the address where it is parked........

Message 31 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

But I need to know where the Vincent is parked too, so's I can "Look at it" Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Message 32 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

hunterstrace_2003_
Enthusiast
hey moto, will u deliver ? and will u take wyde with u?lol
Message 33 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Wydeglyde might have something to say, EH? I'm sure he wouldn't mind, if I let him sit on the Vincent........{:o)>
Message 34 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Geez, wydeglyde, don't go insulting the guy...LOL 🙂
Message 35 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

hunterstrace_2003_
Enthusiast
hey trident, take a closer look lool it was'nt wyde lol
Message 36 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

hunterstrace_2003_
Enthusiast
look
Message 37 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Oh, so moto's been stealing pictures again? I was wondering where all those scam auctions were coming from!
Sorry, wydeglyde !
Message 38 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

flindmc
Thrill-Seeker
$10,001.......
Message 39 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

O.K., I can see I have to up the ante, so I will through in the Ole ladys new ride, and my custom one.

Message 40 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

So who knows, maybe jpbcpa will feel sorry for one of us and just give it to us?
No insult intended, jpbcpa, we are all just wishfull thinking that we could ever afford such a beautiful bike such as your Vincent.
If that is a picture you stole from some primo website, that's O.K. At least we are all enjoying the fantasy of owning the unobtainable.
What we are is jealous.
Try posting a new photo with the time/date stamp on it, and we will get serious about helping you sell it. I have the complete book on Vincents, Called
"Illistrated Vincent Motorcycle Buyers guide, which I believe I got from eBay at wyomingben's Books and Manuals. I will post a photo later.
Message 41 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Good one Mopho! Imagine my suprise when I see my bike on your post. You could have a second career doing ebay scams.lol
Message 42 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
Still no help guys? I have 2 more photos on istockimage.com use key word search vincent. Notice the photographer uses the same screen name as me. Also notice the red grips. I have sent 1 more photo to trident for posting.

Just trying to figure out if i should clean it up, get it running, both? Or maybe just sent it to a big auction house and let them market it. If i post it on EBAY how do i limit the bids to real bidders?

thanks,
Message 43 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

urimuller
Enthusiast
My advise is to offer the bike as is, be honest with your description, and hope for the best. But for this type of bike, you must describe everything up to a tee. There are lots of Vincent lovers and connoisseurs out there, and I´m sure you will get a fair price for it.
Message 44 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

I think I should get the listing fee....LOL

Message 45 of 116
latest reply