cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYERS BEWARE

The seller sold me a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7r. I spoke with him on the phone on July 1 2014 and asked him to clarify if it was a 2001 or 2002 because I saw it stated as 2001 and 2002. And he stated it was indeed 2002 and was in great shape. So I proceeded with the deal. So after the bike was delivered by USHIP.com the bike wouldn't start due to being out of gas, so I added about a half gallon of gas and it started and ran fine. So I rode the bike on to the interstate and realized that the speedometer was not working so that would lead me to conclude that the true  mileage is incorrect!,so I prepared to get off at the next exit,however by this time I felt my right leg getting hot and looked down at the bike's engine compartment on the right side was on fire,so I pulled over on the interstate and jumped off of the motorcycle and called the fire department. After the fire department extinguished the fire which cause a total loss to the bike.I explained the incident to the police and fire officers on the scene and informed them of the make and model. After retrieving the title from under the unburned rear seat for VIN we found out the bike was indeed a 2001 ZX-7r. And am hoping EBAY can help me with situation of misrepresented year mileage and motorcycle condition.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

BUYERS BEWARE

There are no guarantees on ebay motors. Why didn't you inspect the bike before? There are companies tha tyou pay and they go and inspect the vehicles.  I am amazed how people can just throw away thousands of dollars on unseen vehicles.    You are NOT the first person that got screwed in the purchase of a vehicle and you won't be the last one.

Out of curiosity, was this bike insured with full coverage when you drove it?    Now that was your 2nd mistake.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

BUYERS BEWARE

Well, good luck with the seller/owner you purchased the bike from may at least pay your deductable on your insurance. Did they determine what caused the fire? I would be curious as to what caused this terrible condition, so others can be sure to check the problem on their bikes.

People want to at least learn from this. Might be worth the money you spent to not have it happen again.

I had a H2 Kawasaki I bought that caught on fire from leaving a cleaning rag under the seat, but the intake on the air cleaner sucked it in and held the fire to a minimum til I threw a wet towel over the area and managed to put it out. Saved the bike.

Good luck with this, sorry it had to happen.

I ride a Victory now. They don't catch on fire.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply