cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Search Not Working

Last night and again today, whenever I do an image search in the iOS eBay app, I get results that have nothing to do with the image I used. Last night I kept getting photos of flowers and flowering plants. Today I just get a hodge podge of unrelated items.

I just up graded the app and now the search results are the same hodge podge again and again regardless of what image I use.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Image Search Not Working

My gf just switched to an iPhone, and she's been having the same issues. Nobody seems to have a solution, but you're not alone

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Image Search Not Working

Having same issue. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Image Search Not Working

Same issues, it was working yesterday. Search has nothing to do with the real item. My daughter’s phone seems to be fine.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Image Search Not Working

The mobile apps seem to lose some more functionality every day.

Perhaps they are being affected by operating system updates.

Among the complaints in the Anti-Trust action filed recently are IOS changes which hinder competition.

I have no idea if that is accurate. I never have owned and Apple product and never will.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Image Search Not Working

Try changing your sort order to "Best Match".

I saw some very odd results when sorting by "Newly Listed". Changing the sort order put the most relevant results at the top of the sort.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Image Search Not Working

Yup, I searched a glass punch bowl base and got listing for seeds to grow vegetables

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Image Search Not Working

You may have to temporarily disable "Lockable filters" in the Filter Customize menu to get good image search results.

Apparently, even though image search appears to be defaulting to "Best Match", if you have lockable filters enabled, your image searches will not actually show you "Best Match" results.

If I have Lockable filters enabled and perform an image search, the results shown are nonsense, but the instant I disable lockable filters the results re-sort to provide reasonable looking results.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply