cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t delete items in Bids & Offers

This is a little thing, but the app asked me to report problems with the app. 
If you are watching an item, don’t want to pay the listed price, you make an offer. The offer shows up under bids. If the seller declines, or if the seller makes a counter offer, in fact if anything happens that does not complete the transaction as a sale, the offer sits in Bids & Offers forever. You can’t delete it, it doesn’t expire, you can’t alter it, nothing, it just sits there month after month. You need to fix the transaction so after negotiations fail, you can delete the item (or at least hide it, but this seems like a burden on eBay to maintain it in non action hell for eternity. How do I get rid of them?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I cant help with this but just to say it drives me crackers. For some reason just because I looked at something I can get an offer. I don't accept and it just  sits in my Bids & Offers for eternity. If it is relisted it still stays and only disappears when bought or removed from sale.

Scream scream, with total frustration.

Also get frustrated with pay cash and collect - both times the seller would not scan and although I give them the collection code they never use it. So it stays unpaid on my account

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It’s insanity. I hate getting offers on things I only looked at and didn’t even save to my watch list. Sometimes I clicked on it accidentally. 
I hate that I can’t delete expired bids and offers.  The only solution I have is, don’t look at that page. If it’s on my watch list, I’ll access it from there. 
I tried leaving feedback, but it falls on deaf ears. 
AND… how do I stop getting soliciting messages from eBay???? Another thing to unclutter. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I totally agree it is extremely frustrating to not be able to delete an offer sent to you it just sits there like forever ️ eBay needs to fix this!! I've got one on an item I bought months ago for 1/5 of the cost of the offer like I'm going to buy the same item again for 5x as much!!! C'mon eBay fix it!!!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I see the same thing, my bids and offers list is so long, new offers I want to see often don't show up. So I was trying to find a way to purge my list and from what this message string states there is just NO way to do it. REALLY STUPID. So where is the server setting which collects and shows all of this unnecessary data? Who's paying that bill? I ASSUME E-Bay does not believe in man caused global warming and they like paying for all the extra power to keep all of this data up?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Just offer the minimum price and submit. When it’s rejected by the seller. Offer the minimum again and again, until the third offer is rejected by the seller. Once your offers have been rejected by the seller three times the item will be dismissed from view. It’s a bit of a pain in the butt, however it worked for me. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply