cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App will not lock my filters

my phones software is up to date

as is my ebay app

i have toggled the lock filters to on

yet i still have to do multiple clicks before i can see the items i search for in my way

i prefer seeing newly listed items in all catagories for recent searches( these  recent searches are typically the same 5-8 items )

i search for specific items quite often throughout the day...which is much sooner than i receive the newly listed notifications from ebay( which are rather delayed via text and email )

i could be wrong, but 2020s technology seems to be pretty good

why cant the app remember how i search for things regarding recent searches

its not that hard

and if youre going to offer a licking filters feature, maybe it should actually lock the filters for however long i keep them locked that way...until i change them

if i dont change how i search for items

why is ebay changing it for me

so many extra clicks just to see what i want

i understand how saved searches work

my frequent daily searches isnt part of my saved searches

somehow ebay can remember my preferences for saved searches

why cant they remember my recent searches settings

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@nurvanna 

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback to us, we appreciate it. It sounds like you have enabled the "lockable filters" under the customize section of the filter. Have you also gone in and tapped the locks next to each specific filter you wish to lock? They need to be explicitly locked or they will not lock each search.

Let us know if you are tapping these locks and they are still not locking.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@nurvanna 

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback to us, we appreciate it. It sounds like you have enabled the "lockable filters" under the customize section of the filter. Have you also gone in and tapped the locks next to each specific filter you wish to lock? They need to be explicitly locked or they will not lock each search.

Let us know if you are tapping these locks and they are still not locking.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was having the same issue, it was not intuitive at all that there were locks to tap for each filter. This solved my problem, thank you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

HI ebay mobile app help. That is very good info and now I am seeing the padlock next to the filters you are referring to. With two very important exceptions. I am not seeing it in the category filter. I want to lock to "clothing shoes and accesorris --> men". And i am not seeing it for the sorting options. I want to sort fron lowest to highest price. Why wouldnt you be allowed to lock this filter and sort method when you can the others? It doesnt make sense. Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

HI I have found it for the sort but I still cannot find the padlock for the caregory. It's very frustrating!!!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It's deliberate. They do not want you to be locked into one option. They want to have to see all options so you might possibly buy something else. It's not about customer convenience, it's about Ebay greed.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It's deliberate. They do not want you to be locked into one option. They want to have to see all the options so you might possibly buy something else. It's not about customer convenience, it's about eBay greed.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yeah how about you just stop lying and admit that you’ve taken away peoples ability to search for things how they want to. Capitalism sucks. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply