cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA for Android app issue - POSTING FOR DEV ATTENTION.

I've posted this already as a review on the Play Store, but the issue is as follows (on Android 13).

If you've previously chosen to use the Ebay app for 2FA when logging into the Ebay website on a conventional web browser, when you need to log into the app itself, it becomes a problem.

The 2FA notification is still sent to the app, but because you're on the app login screen, you're unable to verify the login attempt without leaving that step in the process. You're effectively trapped in a log in loop - UNLESS - you temporarily chose to authenticate on the app using SMS or email, which should be unnecessary.

This could easily be cured by giving priority to the Ebay 2FA notification, and drawing it over the app login page.

Happy to send more details on this to the devs if they just get in touch - or am I being too optimistic?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@mjonesbc wrote:

I've posted this already as a review on the Play Store, but the issue is as follows (on Android 13).

If you've previously chosen to use the Ebay app for 2FA when logging into the Ebay website on a conventional web browser, when you need to log into the app itself, it becomes a problem.

The 2FA notification is still sent to the app, but because you're on the app login screen, you're unable to verify the login attempt without leaving that step in the process. You're effectively trapped in a log in loop - UNLESS - you temporarily chose to authenticate on the app using SMS or email, which should be unnecessary.

This could easily be cured by giving priority to the Ebay 2FA notification, and drawing it over the app login page.

Happy to send more details on this to the devs if they just get in touch - or am I being too optimistic?

Hey @mjonesbc! We want to try to get this over to our Product team and help out on this. Can you use the "shake to report" feature to submit a ticket to have us look at?

Devon,
eBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Will do that for you now.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
latest reply