cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKE AD an MISREPRESENTATION

Ebay,

A very notable watch company (Hodinkee) and has done a report on a faked watch being sold here on ebay and I'll post the links below. Please see that this indivdual is misrepresenting his watch and is of obvious fraud and about to close at over $26K USD. I am an avid Ebayer but this is just plain dishonest, please do something or I can promise I'll use this story whenever speaking about this very experience. 

As Per the article proving its fake, 

The Crown And Pushers, Obviously Wrong
Patek waterproof chronograph 1463 in stainless steel crown and pushers
The correct crown and pushers for the reference 1463

Then given the serial number shown on the case back, the dial should rather feature the long signature so Patek Philippe & Co. rather than simply Patek Philippe: indeed the 732758 reference number denotes a 1945 production before Patek changed to a short signature on the dial in 1948.

Now comes the most beautiful finding: the reference number was actually stolen from a proper 1463 auctioned in 2003 as shown here! And the same goes for the movement number 863639 also coming from this 'donor' watch pictured below.

http://mycatalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html?action=load&lotid=355&auctionid=40

Patek waterproof chronograph 1463 in stainless steel hands
8 OF 9
View Entire Topic

You need to understand that this is  a Member-to -Member help center. No one from eBay is here to even see your post or threats. There is nothing anyone here can do to remove a dishonest listing. 

YOU can report it to eBay as a fake (there is a report tab on every listing), but eBay will not apy attention to you as you could simply be a jealous competitor of the seller.