cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I left myself open for it and I got burned

So I bid the buy it now price for an auction on a bronco.  I sent the deposit via paypal.  called the seller and he offered me free shipping because I paid the buy it now price and he said he had connections with a shipper because he shipped a lot of vehicles all over the US.  His wife called me back and said to subtract $400 from the buy it now price and send that amount to her, but she requested that I go to a wells fargo and deposit it into her account so she coud avoid pay pal fees....(that should have been my first clue that something was up and I should not have done that, but I wanted to be helpful because it seemed that they were trying to be helpful with shipping costs)...  the auction ended april 24th, the phone conversation was a few days later.  The wife called and said that the shipper was behind on deliveries and that it would take several days.  Several days later I contacted her and she said the shipper was having truck difficulties and more delays were happening, and at this point she sent me a text that said she paid the shipping company $100 to hurry things up and that I would only owe $300 of the money that I subtracted from the buy it now price... I am thinking that she is really being helpful here because of the delays.  Two days ago the shipper calls me for a drop off location and tells me that the delivery charge will be $600.  I'm like what?  That can't be right and I texted about it and she said she would paypal me $200 to cover the difference...when I asked her about the $100 that she had already paid the shipper, and that she said I would only owe $300 she got mad and told me what a great deal I got on the truck and that I should just be happy to pay the difference.  I told her that I wasn't happy because $100 is $100 and it's not that easy to come by.  Well she never sent the $200 to paypal, and the delivery driver got to the drop off and I had to pay $600 to get the truck.  Well I left negative feedback because the truck was not as advertised, it was in much worse shape, and I had to pay the full shipping price because  went back on her husband's promise.  Well when saw the negative feedback she filed for a duplicate title on the truck and told me that the one I had was no good anymore and if I didn't send her the $400 that her husband said to discount for the shipping that she was going to file a repo claim on the truck.....so she has $2950 from me for the truck, I paid the $600 delivery fee, and she is threatening me with a repo claim if I don't pay this $400 and retract my feedback.  Can you say Extortion??  Here's the kicker of it all..... and her husband run a repo business.......  she claimed that I was trying to extort her because I wanted her husband to honor his word to me about the shipping....  I typed all of this to warn others about getting burned.  Please don't do what I did and count on people to do the right thing.  Go through paypal and ebay for communications and transactions or you leave yourself wide open for getting ripped off and robbed.  People sometimes keep their word and sometimes not...use all your protections with pay pal and ebay so you don't get screwed...  I admit I allowed this to happen to myself because I did not go through the provided channels.  So worst case here is that now I pay the price that I bid and between $600 and $700 for the shipping.  If she sends me the other title.  I guess it could have been worse, but I learned through this.  I have bought two other broncos via ebay and the transactions went perfectly. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)