cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year's Resolutions

Hopefully, I'll be camping more this next year. I just got a new pup so I haven't been able to get out due to his lack of innoculations. He's nearly done, so we'll get out more this next year. I'm also hoping to get more items out there for sale. I've been so busy collecting equipment for my business, I've had no time to sell! Oh, the day job and night job might be hindering that, too! Happy New Year! taz
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

New Year's Resolutions

Dear Taz. Most people make resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking, etc., but we RVers always want to make the one about 'more camping'. My dog and cat always go with me, they both love to go! The cat has been to more states than the dog, as I have had her longer. She travels in a Pet Taxi, to keep her safe. Whereas the old definition of camping, for people, was B&W TV, (the old 12v. didn't come in color), her definition of camping is a smaller litter box. She is leash-trained, I don't really have to put the dog on a leash, as he always by my side. I hope your new pup will enjoy traveling, and be great company for you. Is he big or small? I used to travel with a great, big standard poodle, but she took up hardly any room, as she always tucked herself under a table, or out of the way. She had to, in 1962 Airstream Bambi! Maybe some other RVers would like to tell you 'traveling pet' stories. Somebody needs to start talking about something in this group!! Old RVer.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

New Year's Resolutions

misshistoria
Enthusiast
Hi, just signed up for this group. My ebay i.d. is misshistoria, but I also go by PJ. Here's the 2005 promise I made myself - buy my first RV and head out. Right now I'm just in the shopping/info gathering stage which is why I joined this group. Hopefully, I can learn a little from all of you other RV/Camping folks! My first areas of travel will include southern NM, AZ, southern CA, back up through central CO, WY, and then home to the Midwest. I'm looking for a small class c camper. I really, really love the Toyota Micro Mini campers - but with the 6 cyl. engine. Anyone have one of those? Old RVer, you mentioned a 1962 Bambi and I went green with envy. If my car would pull it, that's what I'd save up to buy. So, glad to be a part of the group and I hope to be in contact with all of you soon! P.J.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

New Year's Resolutions

Well, we've gotten a bit busier now. I know my life's been so busy but now it's settling down. Kids moved back home,....moved back out...work...etc. New pup is a Bichon that I'm going to show, and I've another one coming. My two old little dogs will also travel with us as the pup thinks they are his 'moms' and loves it when they are around. The two old gals travel with me camping, anyway, but Boomerang (Boomer for short) has just completed all his innoculations, so he's ready. I'm only about 20 minutes from La Conchita, mudslides and all, but I don't live on the beach. Those houses are insanely priced. I can't wait to get out and camp again! I'm also in the process of making changes to the inside of my RV to accomodate four carriers for the dogs. Oh, yes, a 3-ring circus it will be, but can you tell me what is more restful than a pack of great dogs as company, a little fire outside the RV, a warm-evening (no bugs, please), and a glass of wine? cheers! taz
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

New Year's Resolutions

Dear Misshistoria. Well this is OldRVer, here. I don't know if they still make the 6-cyl.Toyota RV's, as they had some problems, especially when they were overloaded, and weren't too great in the mountains. I know they make the 6-cyl.Rialta, VW, but it is on a bigger chassis, and even bigger price tag!! Sounds like you are going to be pulling some mountains, how about a Class B. Less wind-drag, more aerodynamic, means less gas! I have a 22' Class B, 350cc V-8( rear dual wheels, for more stabilty than a Camper Van) I even went to the Rockies, from Gulf Coast, towing a Hi-Lo. The old saying is that you will have 3 RV's before you decide on the floor plan and type you want. Happy trails, OldRVer.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

New Year's Resolutions

vickireneeeller_1
Enthusiast
Howdy , My name is vicki, user name vickireneeeller. I go by mia_texas_kiss some places. I made myself one promise or resolution and that was not to make any, just to live life the best i can. We live in a tent. We had a trailer, but we decided to sell it and go full time tent till further notice. We reside in florida at the moment.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

New Year's Resolutions

bcord74
Enthusiast
new to group as well. just looking into class B's and figured I'd join the group and hopefully learn some things BCORD74 cheers
Message 7 of 7
latest reply