cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who knows JADEITE ?

I invite an experienced voice / opinion on GEM JADEITE.

I know we likely DON''T have a client for these here, but if you may recall, I have had much in my vault for over 40 years.  GIA submission is a given requirement of course

any clue on pri20240429_190056.jpg20240429_182006.jpgce per carat in the real world for god honest earth mined cut and polished natural Jadeite with NO Treatments

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Who knows JADEITE ?

I appreciate the vote of confidence, @silverstatetreasureboxes  , but this is not in my wheelhouse.  

Fine jadeite is a very specialized area.  As a general practitioner Graduate Gemologist who didn't specialize in it, I simply didn't encounter enough of it to develop expertise.  It is one of the very few things that I would decline to evaluate if brought in for an appraisal.  To know what you know and what you don't know, is in itself knowledge!

When we needed an expert to consult, or on rare occasion purchase from, we would rely on Mason-Kay ( www.masonkay.com ).  Having retired three years ago, of course I do not have any very recent experience with them.  But over the course of two or three decades before that, I knew them as consummate professionals!

Best of luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Who knows JADEITE ?

@cpol 

That would be poster @idealgems1, really pretty.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Who knows JADEITE ?

I appreciate the vote of confidence, @silverstatetreasureboxes  , but this is not in my wheelhouse.  

Fine jadeite is a very specialized area.  As a general practitioner Graduate Gemologist who didn't specialize in it, I simply didn't encounter enough of it to develop expertise.  It is one of the very few things that I would decline to evaluate if brought in for an appraisal.  To know what you know and what you don't know, is in itself knowledge!

When we needed an expert to consult, or on rare occasion purchase from, we would rely on Mason-Kay ( www.masonkay.com ).  Having retired three years ago, of course I do not have any very recent experience with them.  But over the course of two or three decades before that, I knew them as consummate professionals!

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Who knows JADEITE ?

Thank you for your kindness, honesty, and option provided.

Well Appreciated

Message 4 of 4
latest reply