cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owl pin or cufflink info please

I have an owl lapel pin or cufflink I'm not sure which, has a fixed cufflink style back.  It is about 1" tall.  The initials on the pin are HHNO, and the owl is holding two 14 lb. weights.  I know 14 lbs is a stone.  On the back is stamped Mermod & Jaccard Jewelry Co, and engraved is 1814.  Mermod & Jaccard operated in St Louis, MO from 1845-1905, so the engraved date is confusing.  Anyone have any ideas about this?P1030535.JPGP1030536.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@jrm231 

I just adore items like this! That date is probably tied into the organization of HHNO, maybe when they started. I've never seen a jewelry company stamp on its own date like that and for that matter 1814 wouldn't be their date anyway 

The letters could stand for some ...national organization so look up 1814 hhno. This company often did metals, watches and pins including the Olympics. 

Such a cool looking piece!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree with everything Silver said.  I personally don't know a thing about the piece other than "1814" was hand engraved.  And that it is cool as H E Double Hockey Sticks!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Adding on: The owl is holding two 14lb weights, so that probably ties to the H.H.N.O and 1814 references this pin symbolizes.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@idealgems1 

Lol, but who's hockey sticks???

I hope my Vegas Golden Knights!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

😉   Heee heee

Message 6 of 6
latest reply