cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone can someone help me identify this ring earrings that I know it's 60 70s

Hi good day to everyone can someone help me identify this ring & earrings that I know it's 60 70s frosted rock crystal

The closest thing I can find is David Webb.  The inside marks is 750 on one side which indicates it could be made out of the country and also has 18 carat AI on the other side, which is a USA marking for our K standard  

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks EdIMG_5428.jpegIMG_5429.jpegIMG_0880.jpegIMG_0879.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi everyone can someone help me identify this ring earrings that I know it's 60 70s

@storagefinds29 

Your set is very chic but David Webb worthy? I don't see it unfortunately.  For those who are unfamiliar with this designer let's just say Hollywood stars loved him. Liz Taylor was one of many, his items go for serious money.

OP is correct with the rock crystal used, David loved it. Here's a tidbit to read on that.

Screenshot_20240221_183008_Chrome~2.jpg

 Here is David's makersmark on another Rock crystal ring.

Screenshot_20240221_183941_eBay.jpg

 See how crisp and clear it is?

I believe this ring is running $12k.

OP, is there any kind of makersmark on your pieces?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I know Webb mark I said the it don’t have his mark yes very famous ppl had item Princess Diane , Jacqueline Kennedy  wore his jewelry, and many more  but is his style and it having 750 stamp and 18k. Al is strange.  Was it something in ported to the  USA  Humm 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi yeah I know the weeb mark this his style… yes there is what different is there is the 750 stamp and a 18 k stamp with a Al stamp with the 18k one  thanks for the in put

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@storagefinds29 

David Webb is in New York. If your really serious about this and want to spend the money, they can do the authentication but it will cost you about $600. Every piece of his jewelry is archived and is issued a COA, every single piece. His web site is David Webb.com and you need to make an appointment with them..

Screenshot_20240225_144722_Chrome~3.jpg

 Personally,  if your piece is not signed by Webb, it's not his, might be his style and all but remember styles and jewelry lines can be faked. Tiffany's love bracelets and Rolex comes to mind. 

Best of luck to you, Silver

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is that true, @silverstatetreasureboxes ? Like you know how some companies went through phases or off times when marks weren't always applied? 

Now I'm thinking about it, those are all older firms like Haskell & Carnegie. 

So I take it from your post that in the case of David Webb, if it's not marked correctly, it's definitely a knock off? 

Just want to keep it in the hard drive between my ears.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@maeday76 

Correct Mae. David died in 1975, couple of his designers are taking over. But every design that David Webb designed is stamped and issued a COA. On the lowest end of his jewelry it's $5k ️. 

Here's more read...

Screenshot_20240229_150029_Chrome~3.jpg

 the OPs items didn't not have the stamp WEBB on their piece therefore it's not a real Webb.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply