cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback From Overseas Buyers

It would be helpful if Ebay would institute some kind of system that requires overseas buyers to leave feedback for their purchases.

Asian customers especially almost never leave feedback even though they spend a great deal of money and, in my case, are repeat buyers.  Obviously, repeat business is welcome and appreciated, but the feedback system is supposed to work both ways.   

Feedback is the backbone of Ebay, and trust and customer service should be celebrated and continued in this spirit instead of being viewed as a throwaway incidental that sometimes accompanies a sale.

Sellers have to pay a hefty fee when a buyer is registered on Ebay from outside the USA.  Let us now receive feedback for that sale so all buyers will see that they are doing business with a reliable seller.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@vintagewares 

Yes it would be nice in a more kinder, gentle world, but we don't have that. Feedback is strictly voluntary and ebay cannot force one to leave it.

I always have left feedback and all positive I might add. I've been lucky with transactions in the years I've been here.

Feedback is really becoming old school and will eventually be phased out IMHO. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I left my "feedback" statement as a complaint more than anything else.  As a 27-year veteran of selling on Ebay (yes, you read that correctly), I have seen the quality of this platform slowly decline, just as the world has done to tell the truth.  Good manners have gone out the window.  I know of course that leaving feedback is a voluntary thing...I don't need a lecture on that.  However, no matter what language you speak or from what country you are bidding from, feedback should be mandatory.  

I have over 4,300 feedback replies and I treasure hearing from each person, whether I purchased something or someone purchased something from me.  Am I "old school" to expect a human response to a sale?  Perhaps, but Ebay was founded on feedback, positive or otherwise, and I see no reason why it should be cast aside.  Overseas Asian buyers should be reminded that they are not exempt from the rules.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply