cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay cyber bulling

I am continually being messaged from unknown user names aboit every subject you can imagine.  

1.. You write like a **bleep**

2you are gay. Go do on    

3.  What is all your TYPOS

4.  Could you take new PHOTOS... What is the shape size.  

5.. Your photos are blurred.

6.. Ia this earth MINED

7. Ia thia REAL

8..Is this solid 925 STERLING

9.Csn you take new PHOTOS of just ring 

10 does this come with a LATCH

11 can. You show me new photos of the cront and back of BRACELET

It is getting to WHERE social media has groups they all semd out MESSAGES to semd kne seller messages for kne REASON or another.. And they IS nothing I can do about it. .ebay has a board of unanswered messages and they knkw it ..

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay cyber bulling

Unfortunately many of your photos are blurry.  People are going to comment on that.  Your descriptions are also difficult to read.  The photos and the descriptions make it hard for people to know what you're selling.

It is also customary when selling jewelry on ebay to show every side and angle of the item.  If you don't have a photo of the back they will ask.  The back of a piece of jewelry will tell an educated buyer as much about the piece or sometimes more than the front.

I don't think it's bullying so much as it is buyers who want a clear idea what you are selling so they can decide whether to buy or not.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ebay cyber bulling

A potential buyer can certainly contact a seller and ask for better pictures, more pictures, ask for details about some aspect of the item, but they DO NOT have the right to call you names or use inappropriate language. I would block that person from bidding on your items. I would also report them to eBay but I don't know the procedure for doing that. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ebay cyber bulling

• Could you take new PHOTOS... What is the shape size.  
  • Your photos are blurred.
  • Ia this earth MINED
  • Ia thia REAL
  • Is this solid 925 STERLING
  • Csn you take new PHOTOS of just ring 
  • does this come with a LATCH
  • can. You show me new photos of the cront and back of BRACELET

Those ^^^^ are legitimate questions and if your pictures aren't clear, well-focused and detailed and listings don't have complete descriptions, you aren't going to make sales! 

If you don't want to get so many questions, work a bit harder on your listings. 

Good luck! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ebay cyber bulling

As a buyer of vintage jewellery I get very frustrated when a photo:

1. only contains one side (invariably the front);

2. does not show the clasp;

3. Is taken in poor light; and

4. the ultimate sin - is positioned on a ridiculous vintage picture, wrapped around a hand or tangled up with other jewellery. Thus confusing the viewer. I want to evaluate the item you are attempting to sell not be puzzled by poor visual merchandising.

I have had sellers become offended when I have asked for a clear picture as if I am attacking them. So  I give up and go away.

Sometimes I get a bargain because other buyers can’t be bothered.

It is in your interests to make an effort. Think about what the buyer wants to see not what you think is good enough or is somehow creating some sort of bewitching illusion.

It isn’t.

I suggest you redo your photos by taking in front of a plain background, with good light, and of all sides, Make sure you describe the metal and give measurements. Use spellcheck. You will suddenly find the ‘bullying’ stops. And let the buying begin! Stay safe.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ebay cyber bulling

Your pictures ARE terrible, keep your fingers and wrists out of the pictures.
Typing in all CAPS is considered rude.
Above all:
The "gemstones" are NOT genuine. a 10ct Tanzanite ring for $35.00? Get real, no way.
Not sure where you are sourcing your jewelry (China?)
Who is telling you that the gemstones are genuine?

Sorry, but it is sellers like you that give eBay a bad name in the jewelry business.
All it would take is several knowledgeable buyers to file claims and you would be making lots of refunds and probably lose your account.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay cyber bulling

To assist with taking photos that are not blurry try to take them from a bit further away. You may then go into each of your photos and crop them to the desired size. I would also style them with a neutral background.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply