cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14k CZ Bracelet?

Hi guys . I have a bracelet that I found info on. It’s exactly like mine but blue. Mine says Cz &so does theirs. I was trying to find price of mine. I came to a listing that said $764.15 & 14k white gold.

asked how did they know it was white gold. They stated it was tested, I will share mine here. I feel mine dosnt look 14k. What do you guys think? 

56D469EE-33E9-45F2-844D-5CAAB8181CA4.jpeg

AC2834A2-8132-4936-9EEA-4C3BAEDC3358.jpeg

9A1F81EE-3973-4706-B323-6F4F3BE71078.jpeg

baybgrlus
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

14k CZ Bracelet?

If it's gold it should be hallmarked.    Have you tested the bracelet to see if the metal is magnetic?

I question the purpose of putting fake stones in a "Real"  14KT gold bracelet.

CZ might be short for Czechoslovakia or possibly the initials of the company that manufactured it.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

@baybgrlus 

Get it tested by a professional who has a background in this venue.  From my personal experience most are happy to help & there is not a charge.  Try it. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

Looks like it's not 14kt due to stamping. Every piece of jewelry should have stamping of 10kt-22kt. Ckimdog said it best that a professional or someone that test gold jewelry every day and be willing to tell you if it's gold or not.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

Every piece of jewelry should have stamping of 10kt-22kt. 

Not all gold in jewelry is stamped with the karat.

This is particularly true of ( but not limited to) antique jewelry.

As said, above, the bracelet needs to be tested, both the stones and the setting.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

If a piece this new isn't marked, I'd be suspicious too.  The CZs don't mean much, that's not uncommon in precious metal,  but they really layed the rhodium plating on thickly.  Hard to know what's under it.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

@evelyb30 wrote:

If a piece this new isn't marked, I'd be suspicious too.  The CZs don't mean much, that's not uncommon in precious metal,  but they really layed the rhodium plating on thickly.  

Speaking as a guy with zero fashion sense (as I am frequently told), I just assumed that the CZ referred to Cubic Zirconia (i.e. the stones). That's not the case?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

@a_c_green wrote:

@evelyb30 wrote:

If a piece this new isn't marked, I'd be suspicious too.  The CZs don't mean much, that's not uncommon in precious metal,  but they really layed the rhodium plating on thickly.  

Speaking as a guy with zero fashion sense (as I am frequently told), I just assumed that the CZ referred to Cubic Zirconia (i.e. the stones). That's not the case?

Hi @a_c_green You are correct. “CZ” stamped or engraved on a piece of jewelry does indeed mean Cubic Zirconia. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

Am I allowed to show a screenshot of the post that I found that looks like my bracelet without putting the persons name in it just a photo of it and share it here?

baybgrlus
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

Yeah, I was thinking it look look like rhodium plating as well. I’m not here to turn that other person in that’s not my business. I just want to know your guys opinion of it because I was afraid to scratch it to take a test on it.

baybgrlus
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

So get this so get this mystery solved on this bracelet. This is why when I do come, I don’t necessarily go with what the person has listed because they could be wrong as well. This actually is a piece from Amazon Aset, which is $94 including the necklace earrings and bracelet. It’s a beautiful bracelet but it’s nowhere near $700 🙂 

4A980B60-AC55-4403-9919-D4D5C279FE6E.jpeg

5BECFBF9-E828-4A8B-9517-389301B82ED1.jpeg

baybgrlus
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

There are literally thousands of sellers on Ebay that lie and cheat and ask enormous amounts of money for their items. NEVER rely on someone else's listings. That person you speak of is why Ebay is slowly dying. Buyers are fed up with overpriced items when searching. Another thing you should do, instead of going to active listings, always go to SOLD listings for research. You would have never seen a scam of $700 sold bracelet.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

14k CZ Bracelet?

I just found this on Amazon. Its not correct as the person that had a price of over $700 on it.

now mind you, I’m not going to go tattle. I’m  just sharing this here :-). It’s  a beautiful bracelet but it’s not near worth $700. This is why I never go by the first comps & even if they tell me that it is, this is how they did it via acid test I still do my own research 🙂  I see on eBay or any place else I do my own research and then come to conclusion. 🙂 

5C8143E6-C220-4937-A737-ED97B212BBCC.jpeg

C2DE6083-A100-45EF-80FE-6A46285D0EA7.jpeg

Love, holding onto stuff like this in solving the puzzle

baybgrlus
Message 13 of 13
latest reply