cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Guess I'm done

come the new year.  Just got another nasty nuetral. Haven't been around a cigar smoker in 52 years!  I think I'll just lie and put in my description that I smoke 5 packs a day and have 4 dogs and 6 cats!  

I sell a lot of fabric/items and had planned on making miniature dollhouse bedding (one listed-THAT won't sell now!) for the new year as well as listing about 30 pieces of jools each month. Doesn't seem to sell unless you have a bunch listed. But my nerves are constantly on overload with ebay! Waiting for delivery- waiting for feed-back. 

Think I'll just go back to every 3 month flea market and a thrift shop that I haunt. I think I actually made more money and it took tons less time.  Just venting!  

I should have gotten in the gift exchange. Read everybody's list and had items for just about everyone! But then--LOL--who'd want something that "reeks of cigar smoke"?????

Oh BTW- if listing says AS IS they still won't remove it because that's the buyer's opinion!  I asked why a seller couldn't give their opinion in feedback? She said "Oh they definitely can, as long as it's good".  Well thanks for listening!!!!

==============================
Enjoy today, Tomorrow it will be gone!
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Well Guess I'm done

{{hugs}}

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

Pheasant  Thank you LOL!

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

<<granny>>

We've all been there.  Put the majority of your eggs in another basket, imho.  That way you wont feel the need to worry so much about this one.

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

Cleo Yes that's what I need to do. I just can't shake how much fun ebay used to be!  It's just that feedback like that is so embarrassing!  Wonder if they do nose replacements???? Apparently my smeller is broken!  

But I have enjoyed this group so much, learned so much, been given so much information that regardless of what I do, I will still be around!!  Thanks so much everyone!  

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

So sorry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

Granny, the good old days of eBay are no more .... big sigh.  You do have to remember that they are not the only game in town either, any  more.  So don't put all your eggs in one basket. 

As for the feedback system, no it's not fair.  I did notice that your two neutrals are about smoke smells.  I smoked for over 40 years and finally quite 10 years ago.  I can tell you that while smoking I didn't realize the smell that did get into everything.  Now, I can walk into a house and I know right away if there is a smoker.  I can walk through a store and tell who smokes and who doesn't.  Not that I walk up to people smelling them, but when they walk by I can smell the smoke.  So if you are a smoker then I would advise washing your items before sending them.  Or maybe give them an airing before mailing them.  Also keep you packing materials in an area where you don't smoke.  I'm not one of these ex-smoker fanatics.  But there are people that are highly sensitive to the smell of smoke.  I have a grandchild that is very sensitive to smoke.

Just remember, this too will pass. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

Granny soo sorry!!!

On the other hand, its a ceramic plate...how much can it really smell? I mean you didn't leave the food of christmas past on there, so I can't see as to how it could even have an odor! Now the packaging? yes, that can have an odor BUT that odor can come from anywhere after you drop it for shipping...so..that shoudln't count against you!

Also, that neut wouldn't stop me from bidding on your things, i'd probly not even see it and if I did, i'd think the buyer was some kind of crazy saying a plate smelled like cigar smoke!!!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

If it was a plate, why didn't she just wash it instead of the fb.  Some people are just ill.  JMHO

Carolynheart

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

@fredi*frogi wrote:

On the other hand, its a ceramic plate...how much can it really smell? I mean you didn't leave the food of christmas past on there, so I can't see as to how it could even have an odor! Now the packaging? yes, that can have an odor BUT that odor can come from anywhere after you drop it for shipping...so..that shoudln't count against you!

Also, that neut wouldn't stop me from bidding on your things, i'd probly not even see it and if I did, i'd think the buyer was some kind of crazy saying a plate smelled like cigar smoke!!!

Ditto, well said Fredi!

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

I've left neutrals and negs for tobacco smoke before, if it wasn't mentioned in the auction and I'm tired/PMSed out/etc, generally only for experienced sellers who darned well should know better.  It makes me sick, literally, and an unexpected WHAM of tobacco is enough to send me running.   I can't even hold a conversation with some smokers, because the smell is all over them.  (especially cigars, if I don't need to throw up)  My cats are mentioned right in my TOS, and if it's a textile they're often photographed with it, so if someone has a hissy over some stray cat fur I can probably get bad feedback removed. Maybe include a pack of smokes in a photo, just to be sure and get the point across? 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

Thanks everyone!  You've made me feel so much better!!  My last items will be ending soon.  I will just take a break for awhile and check out some things, and decide what to do. I remember when I packed the plate, as an after thought, I stuffed 4 grocery bags in the corners!.  I do wash and air out everything- even ceramics!  

I do smoke-- 4 cigarettes a day--- outside.  My friends laugh at me, but I've always taken 10 slow deep breaths after each cigarette! I count them LOL. And I wash my hands after. Cigar?  now that's funny.  But wouldn't all my stuff smell?  Most feedback is glowing.

Well I guess there is life after Ebay!  Thanks again- you're a great group!!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

(((Granny )))

Awwww I wouldn't let a few run you off . Just take some precautions with your packing materials . Some people are EXTREMELY sensitive to smoke . After February's changes the feedback system won't be as hurtful anyways. Lots of changes coming . Either way ....make sure you visit the boards , we love you here ! 

Mermaid 🎄

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

(((((granny)))) just ignore the nasties, most just like to complain or insult.

E-Bay is a perfect venue for "them" as they don't even need to be face to face. Personally I think it's some kind of weird power trip for them. That being said, step back, take a deep breath (yes I smoke too) and just take it with a grain of salt.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Well Guess I'm done

I think maybe I should put in my description that have a cat.  Didin't think about it would matter with jewelry.  I do get very bad headaches with smoke and perfume.  Sold an old jewelry box that I bid on at an auction.  It had a very musty smell to it and I aired it out for weeks.  Listed it with an extender return and did say it had a smell.  Not sure if it will get returned waiting on that.  Posting a picture of Pearl.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply