cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage jewelry - Can anyone please help me identify what kind of necklace I have here? Thank you!

IMG_2073.jpgIMG_2076.jpgIMG_2074.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Vintage jewelry - Can anyone please help me identify what kind of necklace I have here? Thank you!

Based on the pics, I’d say moulded plastic, circa 1930s.  Nice piece!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Wonder if the leaves could be glass?  Many similar came out of West Germany..might be a place to start searching. 

Seems like Coro did some  similar also..but that doesn`t look like a Coro hook

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

They might be celluloid

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There`s one listed here now..like yours..different colors. 

Google carved celluloid necklaces you`ll see other examples.  Esp with clasp like yours

No makers given tho

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

LOVELY !
Reminds me of the plastic flower necklaces from Hong Kong or Japan made in the 1950 - 60s.  

💙💚💙

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I too am thinking celluloid based on the chain.  Celluloid is hard to id from a picture.  Hands on, it is very light weight.  I see mold lines on your flowers and all the celluloid beads I have handled have been molded.  It is a pretty piece. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!  The petals are separate so they must be molded and thanks for the 1930's date.  That fits with what I know about the provenance of the piece.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you, everyone.  I think it must be celluloid from the 1930's.  The piece came from my mother-in-law who lived in San Francisco in 1933 - 1934.  I so appreciate all the comments!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply