cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Bracelet and Brooches help

Happy New Year All! Smiley LOL

Dipping my toe back in with listing a few jewelry pieces. Any info on maker ID's, descriptions and age greatly appreciated. Thank you much. The photo loader(s) are acting up today, so here goes.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

That lovely bracelet probably dates to around 1890s to 1910. Any markings?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

It probably has a gold-filled mark and a glass stone. The pins are 50s and 60s by nobody in particular. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thank you, I love seeing your ID. Arlene was my mother's name. Searched for marks a few different times with magnification but don't see any.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thanks evelyb, your input is appreciated. What would a gold filled mark look like? Have a few more older pieces that are probably gold filled too.

Wondering what to call the middle piece on the right brooch. If it's glass or a stone?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I`d refer to it as an Art Glass Cabochon...looks kinda like caramel in color .

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@poppyswag wrote:

Thanks evelyb, your input is appreciated. What would a gold filled mark look like? Have a few more older pieces that are probably gold filled too.

Wondering what to call the middle piece on the right brooch. If it's glass or a stone?

Gold-filled is generally marked 1/20 12 or 14 KGF, if it's marked at all. A lot of it isn't; you have to know it when you see it.  A lot is "marked" by the brass peeping through at the edges. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I love this bracelet! Given it's likely age, I'd suggest measuring and including the size in your description (it's likely on the small side so you'd want to be sure buyer isn't disappointed).

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@1940fc wrote:

I`d refer to it as an Art Glass Cabochon...looks kinda like caramel in color .

Aren't cabochons defined as unfaceted?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

The middle piece in the right brooch is not faceted. @1940 was answering my question of what to call it. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Not sure but the Bracelet might have had a safety strap inside the hollow parts. If so, that might have been where it was marked.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@old.crows.nest wrote:
Not sure but the Bracelet might have had a safety strap inside the hollow parts. If so, that might have been where it was marked.

Hi ya Crow!  I was thinking the same thing..couldn`t remember what it was called tho...just kinda slides inside, right?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Finally found a pic of one..not sure if op`s would have had it or not..hard to tell if it has (or had) the thumb pc?

bangle2.jpg

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yes! I saw the one end with the hole and remembered seeing something like the example you posted. Strap might not be correct term but was what came to mind.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Possible "strap" makes sense Thanks so much everyone!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply