cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is D&E Puddling, Isn't It?

I don't know much about D&E construction, but one thing I always keep an eye out for is figure 8 puddling!

I checked out the confirmed D&E thread and I noticed a similarity in terms of the open backs and the rivet towards the bottom of the necklace.  

I had a woman practically stomp on me for picking this necklace up and buying it, so it sure will be nice to hear that I risked life and limb for a D&E!  LOL.

Thanks!

DSCF0407b.JPG

DSCF0407a.JPG

DSCF0407.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Oh, forgot to ask if that S hook is a clasp that D&E would use?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Very odd but yes on the pudding and there is also a rivet.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@old.crows.nest wrote:

Very odd but yes on the pudding and there is also a rivet.

Thanks old.crows.nest.  Is it the clasp that is odd?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The Clasp and the Ball Chain. I cannot remember seeing that on a D&E Necklace either. This almost looks like a student /training type piece or maybe someone has rescued a piece of D&E? I am only going on memory. There are other who are better qualified to comment than I am.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi tie die cat,

Lovely rhinestone ballchain necklace, and a really special find with the figure 8 set stones.  Yes, D&E did use this flat "S" hook as shown on the necklace like yours in goldtone of Pg. #237 in my book "Juliana Jewelry - The Last Generation".  When you look at the center stone on yours, does it look like a drop was once there and possibly broken off? 

Well worth risking life and limb for.  Hope you find some matching earrings.

Congratulations!

times

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@old.crows.nest wrote:
The Clasp and the Ball Chain. I cannot remember seeing that on a D&E Necklace either. This almost looks like a student /training type piece or maybe someone has rescued a piece of D&E? I am only going on memory. There are other who are better qualified to comment than I am.

Thank you.  I find the ball chain an interesting contrast to the bottom of the necklace - I'm still undecided on whether I like it or not.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@timesgonebyl wrote:

Hi tie die cat,

Lovely rhinestone ballchain necklace, and a really special find with the figure 8 set stones.  Yes, D&E did use this flat "S" hook as shown on the necklace like yours in goldtone of Pg. #237 in my book "Juliana Jewelry - The Last Generation".  When you look at the center stone on yours, does it look like a drop was once there and possibly broken off? 

Well worth risking life and limb for.  Hope you find some matching earrings.

Congratulations!

times

Thanks, timesgoneby!  Yes, I think there was a drop there - there was a tiny piece of wire at the end that the drop must have hung from.

Thanks again!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Very cool to have an official word on the Necklace  🙂

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

PB030001.JPG

page 234

Message 10 of 11
latest reply