cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweetheart bracelet...what is emblem on front?

Hi all, I'm trying to find out what the emblem on the front of this bracelet represents. My guess would be a pineapple? From what I've read these bracelets were worn when their loved one was away in the service, so pineapple doesn't make sense. Also, the interior is a pretty blue...is it called Guilloche? The name on the inside of the bracelet is Vellure by Marvel. A company that doesn't seem particularly popular. Oh well, it is pretty. Thanks for any help! Lisa
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I think it may an acorn and oak leaf, also the blue interior looks like it may be the paper liner. Try moving it a bit.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was thinking Pine Cone , but the leaf does look more like an oak leaf ( like Calico said ) than a pine branch .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Looks like an artichoke or thistle flower bud. Are there any other markings? The hinge on this looks like an older one.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It might possibly be military related.  Check out some of the WWII insignias or patches to see similarities.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Here's a Navy Flight Surgeon insignia:

acornandwings.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You guys are good...I asked "Siri" what the military significance of the oak tree is and it gave me a bunch of links. It turns out oak trees have something to do with Medal of Honor recipients. All of the trees planted in Arlington in memorial to MOH recipients are some sort of Oak tree. Interesting reading!
Yes, that is paper foil inside, lol! I left it in.
OCR...only other Mark is on the Bracelet itself...Made in USA.
You gals are the best! Somehow incorporation the MOH connection will probably help this sell better and maybe go to someone for whom the significance is important. Thanks, Lisa
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Remember the song...Tie a yellow ribbon round the old OAK tree! I just assumed that was the tree that was in the front yard of the guy who wrote it. LOL. I guess more to it. I'm sorry if you all walk around humming that song today!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply