cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search ... is something off (again) or is inventory unbelievably low???

I've been looking for comp prices for a few listings and my searches are bringing up only a few results -- if any at all. Wondering if this is yet another "glitch."  Or maybe everyone has pulled their listings for the holiday? Naaah. The show must go on!

Is anyone else getting wonky search results?

A.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I would think people are pulling out anything and everything to list in order to hit those Christmas-time open wallets.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Well I have been on the phone several times over the last 2 weeks. It started with a silpada bracelet that did not show up in search results at all. Well after many complaints to various reps about my overall visibility being miserable. I finally ended up talking with a rep who confirmed that a year ago I had 15,000 impressions in my store during December. This year I have less than 5,000. My sales are so bad that I cannot pay fees.  The CEO confirmed that searches are intentionally being manipulated to raise the Stats for price per item sales. It is obvious to me there is manipulation of views, because i can sit in the same room with my mom, and husband, and all 3 of us get different results on different devices. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I had been thinking that increasing my number of listings might pay off -- it seems/seemed hard to believe that other sellers would de-list things just because USPS won't be able to deliver them by Christmas (a comment I saw somewhere). I sold something this afternoon and I wonder how the buyer even found it! I searched on another of my listings -- a pretty unique item for this particular maker -- and my own brooch didn't show up at all. This is just plain aggravating.

I had been hoping it was all in my imagination...

A.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There have been times I haven't been able to find my own closed items from my buying account.  Searched by seller, for sold items and ... it wasn't there, even though I knew it had sold.  It's happened more than once, so they're definitely throwing bolts out from under the hood again.

Argggh.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply