cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruby Lane sellers?

I was wondering who has a shop on Ruby Lane, how successful is it, and how long has it been open? THanks!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ruby Lane sellers?

I opened mine in 2011 and it's been up and down, though this year it's picked up quite a bit. Never a huge volume, and the fees are steep compared to eBay, but on the other hand it can be a better home for high quality stuff and they don't have final value fees. They also let you accept paper payments and Amazon Payments. You need to add stuff fairly often to stay visible and I find it helps to pin and tweet, and also to participate in their tag sales. I don't sell as many items there as I do on eBay, but do make more money - and it's great to have an "uptown branch" where I can put items I don't want to subject to eBay's fees, policies or attitudes.

flotsamlogo
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ruby Lane sellers?

I have had a shop since 2011. I agree with everything bluedaemon23 said. I find the more I list the more I sell. In Summer, when I am crazy with shows and the flea, I can't get around to listing and sales fall off. There are buyers who search for newly listed items so that helps.

Plus they have something called "clicks", I get charged a small fee (I set the amount) every time someone views one of my items. The click rate moves my items up in search results. When I list new items it adds a credit to my click rate moving my items up further. For example, if I set my click rate at $.18 and I list 10 new items then every time someone views one of my items I pay $.18, am credited $.08 effectively moving me up to a click rate of $.26. So everyone whose click rate is $.25 or lower has their items come after me in search results. It's a bit confusing, took me a while to get it!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply