cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Wish List For Vintage Jewelry

My wish is that there could be sub-categories for listing vintage jewelry. I'm wishing from a buyer's perpective.

Like:

Holiday

Animals

Insects

Ocean Critters

Reptiles

Flowers and Foliage

Figural

And so on.

I'll keep dreaming.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

How about

It's just used

Older than Me

Older than Dirt

I'd love to see at least the first one!  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

"Older Than Me" made me think of the sellers who are in their 20s and think the 1980s qualify as antique. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Heaven forbid the powers that be would make it easier for sellers to list & buyers to find things

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@1940fc wrote:

Heaven forbid the powers that be would make it easier for sellers to list & buyers to find things

I really hate wading through dreck that's ugly, cheesy, or far away from what I'd like to see. Categories would make it so much nicer.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@rubiano98. Suggest that to eBay. Let’s put it out there it’s a great idea
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I don't know how to contact Ebay, not the people who could actually do something with this. If/when I call Ebay I get the front line foot soldiers, who have no authority to anything except read from their procedure books.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@gauntlettgems  I can make the suggestion to that team... maybe I can get them to read this post too 🙂

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2. Yes, please do
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Can we get a list going  of all the sub categories or  categories you and anyone else want to add... maybe  when it gets submitted  to the team it will be easier to read

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@rubiano98 @1940fc

@dream*peddler

@the_jeweled_feline

@old.crows.nest @vernon1959

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Well I'm a little late to the party 🙂 been busy, busy, busy at my "real' job. I havn't even visited the boards, other than to post coming attractions!

Maybe a search by rhinestone colors, sometimes what sells in one color doesn't seem to do as well in other colors. I use this search when getting comparison pricing for listing (I know a bit OT.) I would also LOVE to see that you actually had to check off China if you really wanted to see items from those sellers, they shouldn't be in the main search...JMO-China should be listed same as other countries. You know when you go to completed it shows your search and there's a statment, something like "from international sellers" and it lists their products.     

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I thought of another few categories when I was laying in bed before getting up today. And as soon as I got up I forgot what they were.

I would urge caution in submitting too many sub-categories to Ebay so they don't feel overwhelmed and scrap the idea from the get-go.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

@gauntlettgems  I can make the suggestion to that team... maybe I can get them to read this post too 🙂

Thank you, that would be great. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I envision a day when, scrolling through vintage pins, I don't see any gimcrack plastic ghosts saying "boo", for example. Or that same white Avon pin with flowers painted on it. I swear there must be a hundred of those listed at any given time.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply