cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Gallery Photos Not Displaying

For the past 3 days, maybe a bit more, the gallery photos of auctions - the thumbnails that appear beside the titles as one is searching/browsing - are not showing up for many people. Me included. There is the little picture icon placeholder but no photo. So to see what the auction item is one has to click on it. Which many people people are unwilling to do as it is a huge waste of time bringing up junk no one is interested in.

It's happening with all browsers, all laptops and phones, and it doesn't matter how many fixes are tried. It only happens on Ebay.

I was trying to leave feedback for a few sellers and the pages display crazily; no jpgs, no gifs, no nothin' that would be an image of any kind. And the text is all messed up as well, lines sitting on top of each other. God only know what the buyer received for feedback.

This problem coincides with a "general maintenance" Ebay did on the 26th. Some have suggested it's an "AdFree" app that Ebay installed for free ads, or maybe it was free auctions.

There is almost nothing about it on Ebay and of course they haven't acknowleged it. But if your 'hits' or look-counts, or watchers seem low, that might be the probelm.

Log onto Ebay as a buyer, pick a category, and do a search/browse, and see what you get. Maybe it will be fine for you as some people are saying it's random. It hasn't been random for me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't had that problem, but I did have the photos not show up in the listing unless you did the mouse over to see the enlarged view.

I had a much worse problem trying to shop for lots the last two nights, I would click on a listing and instead of letting me see the lot it would give me a list of "items similar to". I tried right click and open in a new tab or window and tab and it did the same thing. It did this on over 10 different lots I wanted to look at. So those sellers lost out on my potential bid because I could not get their listing to open.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I talked to an Ebay Customer Service rep this morning, by phone, explained what is going on from the buyer's side, and she said they have a "pile" of these complaints and that the problem is being worked on.

Meanwhile sellers, and ultimately Ebay, are losing money due to potential buyers being frustrated and nor clicking on auctions they can't see an advance photo of. Which would mean every single auction, for many.

Rubiano

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Dare I say it? It seems to be fixed now.

Rubiano

Message 4 of 4
latest reply