cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT Anyone read face book about the boycott?

Just when i am ready to move everything to etsy for the holidays I read that it is being boycotted. As of this last Tuesday they made an announcement that they would not be allowing anything with the Washington redskins name or logo on it because of this, there is lots of talk on facebook about boycotting the web site and no one buying anything from them. I am wondering if this will hurt sales on there now and if I should wait before moving everything there. I hate to get it all moved and then not have much or any sales there. What do ya'll think? Do you think it will hurt sales?  Thanks for any opinions. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am not an NFL fan. I am also not a typical buyer on betsy. This probably means my opinion is moot, but think about it. How many folks that are already hard core NFL or Redskin fans are going to be searching for what you sell? Or for that matter, much of anything on betsy? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

From what I understand, it isn't so much about the NFL thing, but more that they banned that stuff, but still allow nazi things and much worse and being totally hypocritical about it.

Will it hurt sales?  Who knows.  Reall have to just keep an eye on the situation and decide for yourself I guess.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Boycotts like this generate a lot of noise, but typically don't have a lot of real effect. I think a lot of potential buyers will think along the lines of "I don't buy that stuff anyway so why should I care?"

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I was planning on checking out the ranch this holiday season.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well, I'm an NFL fan and both buy and sell on Betsy and I can't even conceive of looking for NFL merchandise there.  So I personally think it's much ado about nothing.  Has anyone bothered to actually search there for NFL merchandise?

Personally, I would make the move ASAP before things implode over here.  I did.

Sherry

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think most people buy what they want where they want unless they have a choice.  So if I were to choose between buying the exact same thing then I wouldn't buy it from the place that was doing something I disagreed with - I guess.  I personally think that companies should keep their political leaning to themselves.  Leave it up to the stores to make that decision. In this case who is to say that one day they won't may make up some other arbitrary rule. Besides I agree with the hypocritical nature of the statement, considering the things they do allow.

Bottom line though I wouldn't worry about a boycott  because most of us see it , want it, buy it.  And ignore the other stuff.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your opinions.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply