cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needy Questions on A Deco Necklace

I so rarely find any deco around here..wanna list it right.  But I think the more I research the more I confuse myself.  

1)Is it called Paperclip or peanut chain?

2)Would it be called a drop, lariat, or negligee necklace?  And would the 'choker' term apply here or no? The total length is 13 1/2" with a 3" drop  

3)And what type of cut are the clear glass beads? All I can think of is multi-faceted rondelles. (maybe polished?)  They have nice flat tables...love the stacked design

Anyhoo..I appreciate any help!

DSCN5022.JPG

DSCN5029.JPG

DSCN5026.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Beautiful necklace!

I think this is your chain.

CRINKLE CHAIN

Crinkle chain or peanut chain is an example of a fancy chain with an attractive wavy link design.

Jewellery Chain Glossary - Crinkle Chain

I think that drop, lariat and negligee would all work for this necklace.  Don't know if I would call it a choker though.

Don't forget to us the term graduated when describing your crystals.  Have you checked these to see if they are glass or rock crystal?  The reason I ask is that I have had these in vintage pieces that are rock crystal rather than glass.  I think they are simply called faceted rondelles.

I really like this necklace.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Very nice piece - I have no info for you - but a question in order to help along my education so to speak. 

How is it that you identified this as a deco period piece?  Always like to know, so I can also id these types of things when I am out.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Very nice, I think I would call it a dangle lariet with crinkel chain and faceted beads .

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Good question sophie`s choice. Since I am hopeless at 'retaining'  most information on vintage jewelry..I was merely hoping the design/style, type of chain & glass elements were enough to consider it from that period when I saw it.

Then I started looking at other deco necklaces online when I got home (from reputable sites & sellers) & still keeping fingers crossed  lol  

The only thing I cannot confirm if the clasp is original? ..but in looking at others online close-up..I also see the color decrepancy between this silver tone delicate chain & 'brassiness' on the clasps.

Thanks for all the  helpful info, Sandy. As for them being crystal..I have no way to test them..they so very nice & clear & really capture the light. My pics for sure don`t do it justice  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Very pretty ! Have you tested the stones or beads ?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Oops, sorry Sarah, just read where you haven't tested the stones. I can do that for you if you're interested.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Oh thanks so much, Cali!  That would be a tremendous help! 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Sure, no problem ! Send me a message and I'll give you my address.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hi Sarah, received the necklace today and the chain tests as sterling, the clasp is not, the green beads are glass and the clear ones are quartz.

I knew as soon as I touched it it was quartz or rock crystal, they are very cold and heavy for their size.

Compare the coldness against your lip or cheek to a piece you know is glass, you should feel a difference.

I will send it back in the morning.

Thank you for the lovely pin, that wasn't necessary but greatly appreciated, when I finish waxing the table it will get tucked in with the rest of my treasured pieces.

Thanks again and I'll be happy to test anything else you may have.heart

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yipppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee!  I just figured they were rock crystal.  Congrats.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Cool! Thank you sooooooooo much, Cali & Sandy!

I knew they were 'cold cold'...but so is my ebay room when the temps start to drop  lol (I am soooo not looking forward to winter) 

You are a gem for doing this....guess I need to go see what kind of prices are floatin around

heart

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Congratulations! 🙂

The facets look very sharp like some of the Rock Crystal pieces I have.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply