cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know what Gemstones are in this pretty Pendant. Chalcedony? Agate?

I'm back! 🙂 This is a very pretty 3 Piece Silver Pendant. Might be Native American? No one has been able to say for sure if the Vibrant Green Stone is Chalcedony or Turquoise; or another gemstone. The moss agate and pearl are easier to id. Any guesses appreciated!! Love learning more about the beauty of Gemstones!
Thanks again! I'll be back with more! Happy New Year!
IMG_4357.jpg

Curious Minds want to Know
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

This a little out of my wheelhouse, but to me it looks more like turquoise...but it is an unusual green color.  I have seen apple green turquoise, though.

Google up comparison images against green chalcedony, calcite, serpentine, maw sit sit, nephrite, jadeite, alabaster, malachite, and chlorastrolite; these are the most likely alternatives.  As I indicated, this is really not in my best area of expertise, but it looks more like turquoise to me.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi! Thanks so much for the info! I’ve tried google lens and it’s a maze of images! 😬I appreciate your help! I thought it looked like turquoise too.

Need a bit more research. Happy New Year! S

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

pretty piece, but definate not Native American, hard to tell from picture, but the green could be turquoise, there are alot of shades of green turquoise, the middel look to be a moss agate or jasper of some sort., 

very fun look!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Pearl and moss agate for sure.  The green stone could be variscite too; it doesn't look like turquoise of any sort. Not NA for sure. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi Evelyn! This is confusing! Time to google variscite🤭Thanks!! 🥳 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Moss Agate is a definite.  Pearl, although I can't tell from a picture if it's real or not.  The green could be aventurine or chrysocolla or even fluorite.  It's hard to tell from a photo, but it's not turquoise.  Looks like India to me.  Not NA.

Cheryl
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Cheryl for your input. This is a confusing piece for sure!😉So many different stones it might be. I agree it might be India. Will try to take it to a jeweler in town. Will let you all know! And it’s genuine pearl. Thanks! 🥳 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The green at the top may well be amazonite too. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Great!! I can’t imagine how to write the title for this one😉Lije the sound of Amazonite! Thanks again

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

hmmm, I've had amazonite before, not ever looked like that though.  for sure pearl at bottome, most likely a coin pearl, I've seen those used alot in the India items. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Based on your username, I’ll take yiur advice on type of pearl😊May I contact you to help ID other pearls? This area is vast and overwhelming to me; so I’d appreciate having your help on other pieces.

Meanwhile, I’ll wait to take to a jeweler friend who’s an expert on NA pieces.

Thanks again!

susana

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

sure, I have been selling all types of pearls on my own site for 20 some years, I just love them! 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply