cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with this set

Hello,  I have no clue on this set.  It belonged to my grandmother, so I think it is fairly old.  What type of stone is this?  Yellow Jade, maybe??  It does not feel like plastic.   There are no markings of any kind, so I am pretty sure it's not gold.   Brass, perhaps?  What style would you call this?  Art Deco?  Any help would be appreciated!   Thank you!   Lisa

2016_0718yellowset0001.jpg

2016_0718yellowset0003.jpg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Need help with this set

Egg yolk amber? Just a guess. Or maybe art glass?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

It looks like glass to me. Does it feel cold or warm on your cheek? Tap it on your teeth as well as with a piece of glass and a piece of plastic, which does it feel like?

Can you show a closeup of the front and back of one of the pieces of stone?

Beautiful set!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

It looks like satin glass to me too. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

It is definitely not plastic.  Could be glass.  It definitely has some weight to it and feels cool to touch it, so it's either a stone of some type or glass.  Here is a close up picture of the stone.  Thanks for your help!!  

2016_0718yellowset0002.jpg

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

Here is the back of the stone.  

2016_0719yellowset0001.jpg

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

If you see air bubbles in the stones, then they are glass.  This looks like some of the pieces coming out of West Germany during the 50s-60s, time frame, to me.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

JMHO, I agree, satin glass Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

Thanks everyone for the help!  I think you are correct, I think it's milk glass.  I appreciate the info!    Lisa

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

I didn't see anyone mention Milk glass. Milk glass does not have a satin finish, it is a flat matte color like milk not softened butter.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

To research try keywords "Czech Yellow Satin Glass Filigree Necklace"

If the chain part of the necklace is original then I agree with Sandy about the time but if it looks replaced I think it is possible this set could be pre-WW2.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

I would NOT call this milk glass. SATIN glass would be the correct term, IMO. Very pretty set.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Need help with this set

The earrings are screw backs though.  Wouldn't that make it older??  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply