cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with 2 bead necklaces...

I sell items for others and my client gave me these 2 bead necklaces to sell. I think they are both glass? I think necklaces like these are plentiful on eBay and was wondering if there is anything special about either of them that would make them sell. I'm not intested in selling low value (under $50) items especially if they have to hang around for a long time!

What do you think? Are these worth selling?

The blue one is not marked and has "turquoise " stones and grey freshwater pearls. The color is more accurate in the first picture. The pink one is marked on the clasp: AIL 925 and China. The color is actually more of a fuchsia/hot pink than what the pictures portray.

Thanks to all!

a.01ef8d0dac51b9480df37a9549fd71ca87eec1271c.jpg015caffc92e7f34d44d3343fd9eb36c6197c7ba902.jpg

0100d5acbae596416eeb5f44a56e585187d95c4b2a.jpg01e626f097e5a172771747bf3e1e49bb30577a6ac3.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As you said, necklaces like these are plentiful on eBay.  I don't see anything in perticular that would make these stand out.  So I would do some research on what these types of necklaces are selling for on eBay and go from there.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

These necklaces are being worn as are all multi strand bibs and cluster necklaces, however you will need to compete with china on the prices, and that is not easy in this day and age.. Nice, I like them both. my grand daughters would as well!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ah, well, some may disagree with me and I hope I'm wrong...

IMHO, your only hope of selling these for more than $3.00 each is to list them as a BIN with amazing photos and pray someone falls in love with them.  Max price I'd expect to see would be $7.50 - $9.99 and it'll luck and prayers to get that here. 

Ebay is a mighty big pond with lots of competition.  It's either got to be priced lower or be hard to find true vintage to do well and it's still a struggle.  Please browse the sold listings in advance search and you'll get a better idea of what's possible with most pieces.

Sorry, but I don't want you to spend a lot of time on this and then realize where these items actually fall...

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I happen to agree with sebw1959. No-name generic bead necklaces are a dime a dozen. I don't have time to sell $10 items! The commission is too low to waste my time.

I appreciate all the opinions!

Rene

Message 5 of 5
latest reply