cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My local auction, help me decide

My local auction has these two nice lots coming up this week! Anyone see anything that would lean you towards putting your (my, lol) money towards one lot over the other. I won't be able to see any marks or names till I'm there, but I'm thinking there may be some pieces that jump out at the vintage jewelry people. Doesn't it look fab? Help! Thanks, Lisa r

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Wow..nice pins all in 1 spot!  I don`t see any duds at all unless it would be the plain silvertone leaf . I`d beak into piggy bank & try to nab em both  LOL 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I see the Asian Man, the Sailor and Woman, the Pear, the Apple, the Poodle, the Mermaid, the Bar Pins and bow below (might me real deal), the blue and green enamel flower .... + all look good to me 🙂

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Oh and the bead brooch looks a bit like a Miriam Haskell.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

If I had to choose I would go for lot #2 but without being able to examine closer that's just a guess.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@calicos_vintage_jewelry wrote:

If I had to choose I would go for lot #2 but without being able to examine closer that's just a guess.

I agree if the lots are separated correctly at time of sale. Be careful about wording, if it is Bidder's choice. I was at an Auction many years ago that was Dutch(?) Where top Bidder set price and had first choice.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I'd guess the pear, the couple and the butterflies might be the good ones. I've found some pieces locally however that were new made of vintage components. That blue butterfly looks like a lot of those. I'd get a good close look before bidding. I just got a lava cameo in the mail with an undisclosed ding in the stone. It does however have an undisclosed gold setting.(LOL) Live auctions are buyer beware.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

There is chance this is the Mermaid Brooch:

Unsigned Lucite Mermaid Brooch

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Although the first group is very pretty , especially the pink and purple pins on the top left , the second lot looks more interesting to me and of course it has the mermaid which definitely gets my vote ! 😎 The people pins are very cool , the bug pin looks like a Dodds ,  the purple and turquoise pin is beautiful and the purple butterfly could possibly be D&E . Hopefully you can get both but if I had to choose ...I would go for the second . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

It seems that everyone is leaning to the 2nd lot. The more I look at the pic though I think it may go as one lot. Their pics don't usually have pieces of other "lots" in it. And, they have made things harder...see new pics! My little auction house has hit the mother load for jewelry buffs...,,

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

OMG! There are some beauts there. The Bug, the Forbidden Fruit and the last image bottom right mixed medium Lady!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Forgot the Lea Stein at pieces at the top of the middle image.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I 💗 Lea Stein ! 

The fox , terrier , and kitty are so adorable .

Mermaid 🐳

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I like them both especially the mermaid pin I thought I saw a question about her on here a little while ago I don't remember if maybe she was Haskell or another good brand
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

There is a Hattie Carnegie "Mermaid on the Shell" Brooch which is very similar to this one.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/77382-hattie-carnegie-mermaid--true-vintage-v

Message 15 of 18
latest reply