cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murano Aventurine? Age?

necklace 001.JPGnecklace 002.JPGnecklace 004.JPGnecklace 003.JPG

I bought this at an estate sale and am trying to identify it and may be its age.  Have not found anything similar.  Please help.  Thank you.

Maria

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Murano Aventurine? Age?

Can you post better pics in a lighter or white background?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Murano Aventurine? Age?

The S Hook clasp on this may be a replacement or it could mean this is a newer piece. I say this because I have some that look the same and were purchased a Micheal's.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Murano Aventurine? Age?

The type of clasp on this piece leads me to believe that this is an artisan piece.  The beads are aventurine lampwork.  These beads are currently available in any craft shop, Hobby Lobby, or bead shop.  Most of them are being currently made in China, a while back they were being made in India, so not true Murano beads.  There is a distinct quality, in my opinion, in Murano beads, especially the vintage ones.  I do not see that quality in this necklace.  But that is simply in my opinion, hopefully others will chime in with their opinions.

I think this is a pretty necklace, just not one with much age and not the quality of beads that Murano produced.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Murano Aventurine? Age?

red beads 001.JPGred beads 004.JPGred beads 007.JPGred beads 002.JPGred beads 003.JPG

Here are bettter pictures.  So sorry that the ones are so dark.  And thank you for your inputs.  It was very informative.  Maria

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Murano Aventurine? Age?

Thanks for the additional pictures.  What I'm seeing here reinforces my earlier opinion.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Murano Aventurine? Age?

I'm agreeing with Sandy on all aspects - newer and hand-made and probably beads imported from Asia.  IMHO, if it were Murano, I'd probably expect a barrel clasp.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply