cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miriam Haskell & rock crystal?????

Oy yoy yoy,some days it just doesn't pay to go out and shop because you just come home with headaches.

The faceted beads are GORGEOUS  are ice cold and test  high in the quartz range so  they are rock crystal. They are separated by typical Haskell components and everything to my eye looks legit for Haskell quality. 

BUT there is a  weird pearl thing on the necklace. There is a sequence of smaller faceted beads and the pearls are attached by a wire to this sequence.  

I'm at a bit of a loss and would appreciate input.

I looked at the Cathy Gordon site but couldn't see anything like this so I have to wonder if this is just a fantasy piece with a hangtag added. 

001.JPG

005.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Those small pearls do look weird!  Will they come off?

Carol

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Peach! 

Yes they are just attached with wire and so I could remove them, The wire is flexible and I've been trying figure out if at one point it was maybe shaped into a form, like a rose or ???. 

Here's a pic of it with the pearls closer to the necklace. The pearls are small, but typical faux Haskell baroque  type ones. 

011.JPG

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Maybe it was added to make the necklace longer? It is strange, however a haskel buyer would buy it just as it is 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It looks like all the findings are aged the same. Maybe the pearls made a large version of the (daisy-like) flowers the cover MH Hooks? There could have been a center bead that is gone now that would have tied together OR the dangles at the hook were in the center of the pearl accent? A broken piece with no pattern to put it back together correctly? Maybe Cathy Gordon could help?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Have someone checked any of the books?  Or is Kathy's website more comprehensive?  If not I think I still have my M. Haskell books if I didn't sell them.  I think it 's fantastic but it is curious about the pearl strand- I'm voting for  pearl flower that came un-done.  🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply