cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing times for auction?

Since I now have a "store" on EBay I list most of my items as fixed price but now have an offer from EBay for free 80 listings that I can use as relist, auction or fixed price.  Free as in no insert fee.  My problem is that i went to an auction this weekend and bought $50 - jewelry lots and tons of pieces that just are "fashion jewelry"  Listing several for .99 so since I am working in early AM on listing my items.   i just didn't feel I wanted to pay an extra 10 cents per listing to list at my choice of time.  Wondering if time of listing for auction items is important.  Thinking that most  buyers work and evenings is when they bid.  Love to hear what everyone thinks on listing times for auction items. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I used to worry about the hours and days I ended items but I don't think it makes that big of a difference . I think as long as you give you items 7 days exposure, so everyone can get a chance to see it, it doesn't matter the time. A lot of people use snipe bidding, from what I am seeing and don't have to watch the items or sit on them til the end. Over 30 percent of my sales have been from mobile so they can bid anytime, any place. Hope this helps a little
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I agree^^^^^^^^.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank you.  It is just that I have been using fixed price listings for some time -  which gives buyers 30 days and so much time to think and see my items.   Did note in one seller's ad he noted that buyers needed to understand that waiting until the last minute on fixed price listing to make an offer would not work for him since he didn't check his offers at the last minute.  So an last minute offer could not be accepted if he was not on line or on his moble.  Thought that was a good point.  Last minute bids only work on auction items.  Listing times - I'll just see if AM listings get any bids.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There is no longer a 10¢ fee for the "scheduled time" option.

TEX
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I just checked  They put the 10 cents back in play a few months ago  😞

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hmmmm, I did a test listing before and there was no fee.

TEX
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I just called ebay and the CSR said there is no fee for using the scheduled listing option.

GG, what are you looking under?

TEX
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Maybe it's because I have a store? I tried to list an item with scheduled time and it said 10 cents 😞 and I really liked that feature I was getting ready to use it right now

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

GG, I'd call ebay and ask them. FWIW, I spoke with Jane and she said there is no fee.

I do not have a store. Maybe that's the reason. However, you would think the folks with

stores wouldn't be charged. ???? 

TEX
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I know, right??? I liked the scheduled listing feature

Message 11 of 11
latest reply