cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joan Rivers Bow Pin with Thing on the back ?

I have looked all over and have not seen this bow by Joan Rivers and it has this thing that moves up or down I guess it is for a charm or something it is on the pin part but does not slide off. Did I find a RARE PIN ?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Is it a magnet ? So you do not have to use the pin . Like on silk or something ?
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

If you post a front shot..might help determine which bow  pin it is

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

It looks like it has a bale that can be flipped up to wear as a pendant. 

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Bingo! I think dream has it correct

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I think the bale that hangs off the round disc on the back is for an enhancer.

Joan Rivers offered these enchancers, the ones I have seen were jeweled and in the shape of eggs. Probably a nod to her love of Faberge eggs.

They were intended to enhance the closure as another element.  It would also make sense to have a "wardrobe" of these enhancers in various colors to complement clothing worn, and could easily clip onto that bale.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

After reading woodw's post, I think she may have it correct.  It may be similar to the watch pins, but there must be a way to remove it to use the pin?  Maybe mermaid is right that it is magnetic?

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Not magnetic I just checked it, and I just tried to get that thing off.   So right now it would have to be something that would have to hang off of this thing.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

She made some really pretty enamel eggs, but any old pendant or single earring that looks good could go there.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Can you show how the bail hang naturally? Seems to me that this could not be for a pendant to hang from as it would be on the part that is behind the fabric pin is attached to plus pin coil not be used with it on 😞

Am I confused?
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Well now the front photo is showing for me (was invisble earlier Cat Wink)  anyhoo..

I can`t figure it out..have never seen one like it. Checked my Joan Rivers book (which of course is just a drop in a bucket of designs) & nuttin there either. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I think this is an after market brooch to pendant conversion finding. It would be for a solid Brooch where it would be hidden and the size and depth around the pin would help it hang better.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

OCN, I first thought that if that part could be flipped up it could be used as a pendant, but now I do think it may be for hanging a pendant or enhancer.  But the problem is, if that attachment doesn't come off, I don't know how it could be used as a pin at all.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply