Did you mean: 

January !!2015!! Chit Chat

DW

Photobucket

Message 1 of 149
latest reply
148 REPLIES 148

Thanks for starting DW!  I was gonna do it but for the life of me I don't know how y'all put the cute pictures in.

Cooked the black eyed peas and will take them to DS's where we will have greens and ribs.

Everyone have a great day!

Message 2 of 149
latest reply

Absolutely loverly start to the new year!  Thanks Denwolf for getting this going.

Peach, your meal sounds great!  Since I've moved from the deep South about 25-30 years ago, I forget to do the black eyed peas.  (Hmmmmm, maybe that's the reason for any bad luck ... you think?Smiley Very Happy)

Have a wonderful day everyone, and almost goes without saying ... a wonderful 2015!

Message 3 of 149
latest reply

Happy New Year Everyone!

Wow a nice new clean chat to start off a nice new year ... thanks DW for starting it out right.

I am on a mission for the new year that requires learning a new a couple of new programs and navagating a couple of new sites.  But if I can do what I want to do it will be worth it.  

Hope everyone had a safe time saying good bye to 2014.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 149
latest reply

Thanks for starting the new chat thread, DW. We sure had some good ones way back in 2014!  Smiley Very Happy

I undecorated the house today..looks kinda bare right now. 

Have started a bit of organizing here & there..always a job in the new year.  I must tackle my ebay/work /storage/pantry room next week  as it will  soon be time to start some seeds!  Yippee!!!  Such a mess in there right now..no room in the inn for them. lol

Anyone make any good New Years resolutions?    T & I made one last year, to walk every day & lose weight. We stuck to it faithfully all year (well, I confess there were a few days I  got lazy & just did not walk  lol) So he says now is no longer a resolution but just our 'way of life' Cat Happy

But my resolution this year is to stop being so doggone critical of others.  Seems like it has become so easy to find fault with everything.. what they do, say, how they choose to live, etc.  People we know..even people we don`t know (like even someone on tv) lol  Just pick pick pick!!   And I don`t like that!  

I told T it`s really quite simple..as the old saying goes..if ya can`t say something nice...yada yada... May make for lots of silence for awhile!  LOLOL  But dang..we`re not cynical or critical people..never have been & how it began, I`ll never know..but time to stop it.  Time to start getting a positive attitude back. Cat Embarassed

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 149
latest reply

just got back from an auction. Advertised a closing antique store and fine jewelry.  Was a bust Woman Sad. Just a bunch of Macys bracelets and made in china sterling.

Anyway, who's hung over ???

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 6 of 149
latest reply

Well back from our family dinner so I've got a little more time now.

Was nice to see my Grandma. She will be getting to move into a "memory" unit tomorrow. She has been staying at a nursing home but she doesn't need the medical care provided and isn't as happy as she could be. The "memory" unit will have her in her own apartment with 2 rooms and then just staff in the building to make sure she is eating, taking her meds and is safe. Other then her memory she is in great health and very capable so I think she will be much happier in the apartment style setting. 

We did potluck style this year so tons of good stuff to eat! Brought along the boys new game UNO attack and several had fun playing that.

Drove Adam up to his Dad's after the get together. He still has Christmas to do with both sides of his Dad's family. My Dad gave him cash and he put a 1893 Elgin World's Fair Pocket watch on layaway at the shop. He is hoping he will get more Christmas money this weekend so he can pay it off. This whole leave it at the the store idea is driving him nuts! This will be his first antique investment for himself and he is very excited. 

Hope everyone is have a safe and happy New Year!

DW

Photobucket

Message 7 of 149
latest reply

I saw this recipe and it sounds really good.  I would make it but then I would have to eat all of it because the people in my family mostly only eat chocolate desserts so I hope someone here wants to try it so I can live vicariously through them.  With a name like Elvis Presley Cake it has to be good.  Hunka, hunka burning love!  LOL  Claudia

Ingredients: Elvis Presley Cake

• 1 white cake mix
  • 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Directions: Elvis Presley Cake

1. Prepare cake according to instructions on package.
  2. Bake in a 9×13 inch pan. (Or two 9″ Round Pans)
  3. Allow to cool.
  4. Make holes in cake with fork.
  5. Combine pineapple and sugar in saucepan.
  6. Bring to a boil.
  7. Spoon over cooled cake.

Directions for: Elvis Presley Cake Frosting

1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
  3. Add vanilla then Add pecans and mix well.
  4. Spread cream cheese frosting over cake.

Message 8 of 149
latest reply

Thank ya..Thank ya very much! 

Message 9 of 149
latest reply

That cake sounds delicious, Imay have to try that one for sure!

Thanks Claudia

Message 10 of 149
latest reply

Good morning all.  That cake sounds great.  We use to make a very simular cake only we would make jello pudding and after punching wholes in the cake would pour the pudding on top of the cake.  It was great.

It has been raining and chilly here for the last few days, so pulled some of my frozen chili out of the freezer so we can eat on it for awhile.

My project is coming right along and I think it is going to work out for me.  It may take me a year to get it done.  It's one of those things you can work on ... go on to something else ... and then work on it again.

Have any of you heard about Evernote?  It is a great program that I have been exploring for my project and the great thing about it is that I can access all my notes from any of my devices now because it is web based. So far I am really liking it.  Still lots to learn.

Other than that haven't been doing much.  Been making a few sales, which is great but need to get some new inventory written up.  So I figure between my project and listing new inventory, I will be keeping myself pretty busy.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 11 of 149
latest reply

Wow Sandy!  Your projects sound very mysterious.  My big deal yesterday was learning how to do a split screen on Excell for two documents.  I was trying to do my year end inventory from my sales page and what a headache.  A good thing I wasn't a math teacher.  It took over an hour for me to get it to balance.

Everyone have a great day!

Carol

Message 12 of 149
latest reply

Morning all!  Rain rain rain here yesterday today & tomorrow. YUCK! Guess no flea mkting today. Maybe pop in antique mall later just for something to do.

Must make that cake! Cat Happy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/video/vi-BBhiFRE?ocid=OutANUS&from=OutANUS&FORM=BWVOLC

Message 13 of 149
latest reply

Thanks for the belly laugh Sarah.

LOL Peach "The Project" is ... I'm going to attempt to convert all my collector's books to digital.  I bought a wand scanner and plan to scan all my books.  Since I have probably about 50 - 75 books, it is going to take a while.  Right now I have been working on the system and how I want to set it up.  I'm trying to set it up so I can cross reference things like designers in each book.  It's a BIG project but it will be great if I can get it set up the way I want.  (crossed fingers)

If I get it done right I will be able to pull all my books up on my desk top, lap top, and tablet and read them where ever I am.

Message 14 of 149
latest reply

The year.......

Will the REAL Sandy please stand up??

play.jpg

buried-in-books.jpg

Message 15 of 149
latest reply