cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a particular name for a clasp to connect the two folded ends of an endless necklace?

Sometimes you would like to wear a single strand endless  necklace doubled but it isn't quite long enough to go over your head.  I used to have such a clasp but it's been gone a long time, just an inexpensive gold tone metal (or maybe even plastic) to connect ends like this:

011.JPG

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is there a particular name for a clasp to connect the two folded ends of an endless necklace?

I can't remember the specific name for that type of connector or clasp, but you can try researching it with the term "torsade". 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

These things were sooooo big in the 80s! I had a strand each of pearls, lapis, coral, and a few others...you would twist together whatever color combination matched your outfit or mood, then clasp the ends together. (That's why so many of these clasps are pretty big...they had to hold several strands coming from each side.) Maybe just "clasp for beads"?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

They can be found as just "necklace shortener". Not sure if there is another name for it.

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yep, the 80's is when I had oneSmiley Happy

Thanks for all your responses.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You might look at - Enhancer for Beads also.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Sheila ,
What a strange name for these . But I looked it up and there they are . I was looking up torsade clasp or clip , but there was nothing . I want one again !
💜 Mermaid
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

FYI ...KJL for avons "under the sea" shell necklace had one many did not know what it was for. Here is a more decorative option.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-KJL-For-AVON-Gilt-Metal-Shell-Scarf-Clip-/360824799164?pt=LH_Default...

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Oh those were so much fun to wear. We just called them clips, but Sheila got it right!  Search necklace shortener on eBay--there are lots!

==============================
Enjoy today, Tomorrow it will be gone!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, everyone!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yes, you are looking for what is called a necklace enhancer.

They come in several different sizes and different metals from base metals used in costume jewelry to sterling silver, gold, as well as platinum and diamond encrusted. Some bead shops or bead suppliers carry them in your basic costume metals in either a goldtone or silvertone metal. Some even have a safety clasp to prevent accidental opening. I do hope this is helpful to you.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Those 80`s  beads were called Twist-a-beads.. sold a ton of them!  LOL That might help in finding that type of clasp

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 13 of 13
latest reply