cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on this brooch and earrings

This "set" was my grandmother's. I doubt they came as a set, as the blues are ever-so-slightly different, and I had the earrings converted to posts so I could wear them. I know, ERROR.  And I did wear them when I was younger. Now I wear mostly pajamas and they look silly with pajamas.

No marks on either.  I see they need cleaning, but the gold metal is really bright and the stones are all set and secure. I don't even know what this style of brooch is called.

Sure would like to know more about them (keywords etc.) so I can list them. Am considering selling some of grammas stuff because the kids and grandkids don't want them and I'm old. Maybe there's someone out there who would enjoy them.

Thanks, Barb

One good thing about being wrong is the joy it brings to others.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Very pretty blue jewelry but not a set.  I would call the brooch a spray brooch with prong set rhinestones.  My guess is approximately the 50's.  Check the back very closely and the pin as well.  A lot of this type of jewelry was marked, "Austria," in very tiny letters although I don't see any markings in your pictures.  The earrings feature a center rivoli stone surrounded by a channel set rhinestones.  I really like the blue color of these pieces!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Definitely 50s or possibly early 60s on the pin. Style is sometimes called "atomic." Construction is also consistent with Beau Jewels; their brooches are never signed but you might find an identified match online.

Were the earrings originally clips or screwbacks?

flotsamlogo
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The earrings were clips, and painful.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Nifty photo with the front and back of the pieces!

I know there are ways to merge two photos into one but I so far haven't mastered that.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing very similar

The back isn't identical though. And ALSO has posts!

You guys are SO helpful! I didn't even know what that cut of stone was.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Looked at a ton of Beau brooches, the settings and construction are right on. Did not see a match yet, but will keep on.

Thanks so very much!

Barb

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@barbilou wrote:

.....Now I wear mostly pajamas and they look silly with pajamas.

Nothing looks silly as long as it is worn with panache and joy.  Cat Happy

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Just like my mother says pretend that is the way it is supposed to look and every one will agree. Wear it if you like it in other words.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Unfortunately, there were quite a few designers that used the same construction as your brooch, Beau Jewels is one, Judy Lee is another, I've seen Kramer and a few Coro pieces als use this construction.  I have also seen this style refered to as atomic.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Perhaps, Atomic, Pinwheel, Starburst, Comet as possible keywords?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I didn't wear the brooch as often as the earrings because of it's height and tendency to catch on everything.  It's quite architectural, sticks up pretty high. The blue earrings looked great with my blue scrubs at work!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ohhh I am so excited!!! My opportunity to help a group member yay!!!!

@pheasantvillecollectables519 here you go... this is the easiest ever program to do two  photos into one or three or four....

http://zippyhelp.com/imagetools/stitch/photostitch.htm

let me know if you need any help... but basically you upload the pictures then you select the layout and then drop the pictures on the layout... once you are done you make the cells( the pictures) in to one photo then you save...

I am very very very  techie impared LOL and I can do this program

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Shopping mom--I was wondering how to do this also and bookmarked your directions!!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply