cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on enamel over metal leaf W/Blue AB bracelet

elecollector
Adventurer

New to the group, I will introduce myself. We are of necessity paring our 40+ years of our lifetime collections--antique/vtg furniture, artwork, ephemera, books, sports collectibles, pottery/glass, toys, coins, sewing/linens etc etc ( you get the picture--addicts in other words) and in addition I have been a casual vtg costume jewelry/watch collector. I am knowledgeable in most of the other areas, but admit to a lack of expertise when it comes to vtg. costume jewelry items. I love to do the research, it's a treasure hunt but this is frustrating me--am legally blind without my glasses, normally compensate nicely with my magnifiers and loupes--could use a bit of help on this one tho! 

Description:  A striking and very well made bracelet! The recalculating leaf joints are very clever/smooth. No missing stones, damage or repairs visible. IT appears to have a faint mark or 2 on reverse of clasp (which shows some wear) and what may be an arrow on the side of the link closest to clasp.  Both the large and small round prong set crystal AB's are brilliant & in various complimentary shades of blue, interspersed with sm. faux pearls between. Metal does not adhere to magnet.   

It belonged to mother-in-law's aunt who had a huge costume jewelry collection circa 1930-50's, My mother in law has a matching necklace, I told her not to separate the pieces! She insists that I have the bracelet. I am reluctant to sell it, unless it could fetch more than the 20.00 or so that I normally seem to get on eBay these days for this type of item. 

Bracelet measures 7" L x 1 1/8" W, the lg AB stones/pearls are about 1/4". 

Any info would be helpful-- Thank you very much!

1/2 of elecollector team: Gret 

Collector of Too Much
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome Gret.  A picture of your wonderful sounding bracelet front and back woukd help.  Also, a picture of the clasp might help with datng the piece.  The board members don't generally give values here, because the market is so flexiable and dependant on many factors.  But we do love to see pieces and sometimes the information we give can help you better determine what you might sell the piece for.

Welcome, again. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Howdy Gret & welcome to the nuthouse!  (just kidding!)  

We do have fun here and we love to see pretty jools and do our best to help ya.

Eager to see what ya have Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I agree, we would love to seethe piece and that give a lot of information. That said, AB rhinestones generally date to the 50s or later.

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Welcome elecollector !

Sounds like you have a collection of items I would like to check out . The bracelet sounds amazing . You definitely have my interest piqued . I'll check back later .

You will love this group ! I have learned so much and it's fun !
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! AM UPLOADING PHOTOS, SORRY I COULD NOT POST THEM WITH MY QUESTION.  WE HAD A NEIGHBOR EMERGENCY! AM POSTING FORTHWITH.

GRET.

Collector of Too Much
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! AM UPLOADING PHOTOS, SORRY I COULD NOT POST THEM WITH MY QUESTION.  WE HAD A NEIGHBOR EMERGENCY! AM POSTING FORTHWITH. THE ENAMEL COLOR IS A BIT WASHED OUT IN MY PHOTOS.

GRET.

Collector of Too Much
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The pictures are a bit blurry so it is hard to make much out. It reminds me of Coro. Sorry, not much help here.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! AM UPLOADING PHOTOS, SORRY I COULD NOT POST THEM WITH MY QUESTION.  WE HAD A NEIGHBOR EMERGENCY! AM POSTING FORTHWITH. THE ENAMEL COLOR IS A BIT WASHED OUT IN MY PHOTOS.

GRET.

Collector of Too Much
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE PHOTO QUALITY, MY TRUSTY 35MM GAVE OUT AND I HAVE TO USE WEBCAM OR TABLET, NEITHER DOES A GOOD MACRO. I WILL POST A FEW MORE, 20150130_081629-1.jpg

Collector of Too Much
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I agree with prettysillybaubles , looks like Coro from the 50's era . You are right , she ( or you ) should really try to keep the set together. It would be worth more that way also .
Message 11 of 11
latest reply