cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imperial Jewels?

Okay, one more question... I also bought this set- necklace, bracelet, clip ons- in its original box marked Imperial Jewels Paris New York. None of the pieces are signed, and it's definitely costume jewelry, but do you have any idea as to age or anything about the company? I've googled it and can't find anything about them.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Imperial Jewels?

Probably a store house label. Some boutique type stores sold better quality costume jewelry under house brands, often in nice boxes like that.

flotsamlogo
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Imperial Jewels?

This looks to be from the 50s to me.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Imperial Jewels?

Thanks blue and flipping for your help. I was thinking it was 50's or 60's too. When I searched the name, I found other similar sets for sale in their original boxes, but I can't find out anything about the maker or where they might have been sold. Even if they were only sold at certain boutique stores, you'd think there would be some background info about Imperial Jewels. I'll keep looking and hoping to find out something more. It's a really pretty set. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Imperial Jewels?

If you do a Google search for "Imperial Jewels Dime Store," the second and third link are two sets on the "Red Road." Not a lot of info, but describes them as 1950s dime store set.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Imperial Jewels?

Thanks for the lead, eclectic. I've found a couple of other sets for sale too. Interesting that someone woud put 'dime store' in their listing and then ask so much for them. LOL. I think I would go with 'boutique, as was mentioned earlier. But, hey, they appear to sell, so I'll list it at some point. Thaks again for the info.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Imperial Jewels?

You're welcome. 🙂 Yes, I don't know where the seller got the "dime store" info, but, at least, you now know there are others out there. On the other hand, "dime store" jewelry was rather nice, back in the day, before China invaded the country. 😉
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Imperial Jewels?

Huh, maybe they were sold through Woolworths rather than a boutique and the sellers know that. I don't remember ever looking at the jewelry in ours when I went with my grandmother to buy sewing notions. It was a dim, cavernous place with creaking wooden floors and rows of glass counters, that seemed old-fashioned to me even as a little girl in the 1950s.

flotsamlogo
Message 8 of 8
latest reply