cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused (go figure)

Regarding the Moroccan Matrix line by D&E, I have the Juliana Jewelry The Last Generation  book and it shows the line coming out in 1974, yet it looks like everyone calls it Juliana. Juliana was only around a few years in the 60's I thought. Are folks just associating it to Juliana as a KW, but technically it is D&E? Also, anyone know if this was actually made for Celebrity or someone else? This particular set is not included in the book, but I know it is on page 107 of another book, based on a screen shot I came across.  

I cannot find the earrings anywhere.  I do not think they are in original codition...look at the studs, seem wrong to anyone else?  And the backs...1 has the unfilled hole while the other is filled? Last question...any suggestions to clean the gunk off the back of one of the crystals on the brooch?  TIA!!!!

009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm confused (go figure)

I think many sellers call everything made by D&E  (unless they know it was made for another co) 'Julianna'.  Doesn`t make it correct..but gets them the searchers I imagine

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm confused (go figure)

This is just my personal opinion based on the photos in the book and your photos. I believe someone has either converted pieces of another brooch or a pair of clip earrings to stud earrings. If they were original clip earrings the open hole could be explained by a missing rivet. The way the stud appears to be loose as it just slips through the hole and is not soldered in place looks like a cheaper construction than D&E to me. Since I don't see the hole that the stud goes through on the brooch construction I am going to go with the guess that these were clip earrings converted by the owner or someone else.

I think due to eBay and other sellers that everyone uses the word Juliana to describe all D&E not just the line that was made from 1964-1966. I remember when Mr. D Would post here and he did not like the name Juliana to be used to describe the other lines they made but between sellers using that in their description and then collectors searching for it to find D&E jewelry I think it is here to stay regardless.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm confused (go figure)

I think I'll go with D&E when listing since I know for sure not Juliana.  And you are correct...earrings have been converted, great eye!!  I just found a set in blue on Karla W.'s page intact. There was actually a round stone piece on top with a clip back. Someone just simply took them off and slid those studs in. Sad, but I do not think it is a deal breaker for sales, though. Maybe say converted earrings in title?  Think I should price based on brooch alone?

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm confused (go figure)

I sold a Jomaz brooch and earrings. The earrings had a couple little rhinestones missing, so I focused mainly on the brooch but did say the earring was missing a couple stones and included pics. So if they wanted to fix them they could.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm confused (go figure)

Since the 2 books that don't feature the D&E Juliana line but all lines and the website call all D&E Juliana I would not feel uncomfortable stating both in the title to draw in the collectors. If you have space in the title if it were me, I would either say matching earrings as-is or free matching earrings and explain in the description.  If you use converted you would use up a lot of space for other keywords and between book piece, color,  pink and purple are both popular colors you will have a lot of keywords to pick from. If it were me, since the earrings do have issues,  I might even leave the long word of earrings out of the title and describe them in the description, maybe use set since it is only three letters vs the eight of earrings. But that is just me. Nice score by the way.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply