cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How old is this silver cuff?

It is marked sterling and is about 1.5 inches wide and about 2 ounces  I am trying to decide how old it is.  The beads are apparently hollow as some have collapsed but it is in pretty good shape.  The silver seems to have a yellowing tinge which makes me wonder what it is mixed with. cuff.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

My first thought is Middle Eastern, or North African.

Can you show the mark? Sometimes that will help.  Certain fonts or characters may give hints to origin

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I had a hard time photographing the mark this moring.  The S is very clear but the rest of the letters are not stamped well and are only half there.  I can try again tonight.  Mabey if I polish around the letters they will show up better.    mark.png

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I have no idea why there are two photos. Weird.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Not much there to work with lol

Id still start with the mideastern or north african lead.  Since it is marked to content its probably 20th century at least.  Are you sure it says sterling rather than silver? The sterling standard reached various parts of the world at different times so may help

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes the T is pretty decent but is hard to photograph.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Please post a picture that shows the opening at the back of the cuff. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Here are some more photos.  I keep having to shrink the quality so I hope they come out well.  Ebay wont let me load the original photo.

cuff3.pngcuff2.png

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Interesting. I found a similar bracelet with small accent stones. That cuff had early 20th century CHINA marks.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I found the match to your bracelet. My google image search was for etruscan cuff bracelet.

"Wide Vintage Siam Sterling SIlver Filigree Ball Etruscan Style Cuff Bracelet 43grm"

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! It has sold on etsy but I ran the name on pinterest and found the sale price of it (and two other perfect matches) as $56, $125, and $147.  I also found one on ebay for $119.  Thank you everyone for your help.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply