cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobe Bracelet Second Opinion Real or Fake

Sorry for being so needy today I have searched for a few days and I still have my doubts about this bracelet the name plate to me looks like it is on top of a larger one, I have looked at 100's of pieces and not found a plate that looks like mine(On top of another) If it is Hobe definetly newer.....Just looking for a second opinion...Many Thanks!

P9270012.JPG

P9270006.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

All my books are packed away ... so I can't give you any more info.  However, I was looking at that TEXTURE.

Maybe our TEXTURE PERSON (hint, hint) should give an opinion!

Anyway, my vote is "No" for the same reason you listed.  I would be wary of saying it's a real Hobe.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks Helen...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hoss, I've looked at this lovely bracelet a number of times and I'm seeing the same thing you are.  There appears to be a larger cartouche beneath the Hobe cartouche.  As a buyer and seller both it would make me as nervous as it does you.  The only way I would call this a Hobe piece was if I could find either an exact match or some signed matching pieces.  Hobe is more known for it's necklaces and earrings than it's bracelets, which leads me to believe IF this is truly Hobe there are matching pieces out there.  It may just take a lot of digging to find them.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply