cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with birthstone

This ring is 14k with a diamond on both sides but the jeweller couldn't  identify the stone in the middle.

I figure it is a birthstone but not sure. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Melvina pin and Aunt Clem stickpin birthstone 004.JPG

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Help with birthstone

My guess is citrine for November.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

That would be great. My birthday is in November. I found this ring so it would be a coincident but it's about a size 9.

Most 6 are too big for me. Thanks. 

I do antique dolls and these boards over here are much faster. You might wait for days for an answer there.. Don't know why!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

That doesn't look like citrine to me. The picture is blurry but it still has a creamy translucent look to me. And citrine is pretty clear. Now if it's clearer than what I'm seeing it certainly could be citrine.

Is there a hallmark by any chance? And could you get a clearer picture? Place in white paper then take photo!

Sorry I wasn't more help.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

It might be carnelian, but it's hard to tell much with the blur. Is the stone transparent or translucent?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

It appears reddish-orange on my monitor..a clearer shot might help those in the know on gemstones

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

Its fuzzy but my first thought was carnelian as well.  Cant say without a better pic tho. Are you sure its a birthstone ring?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

I wonder if this isn't a sun opal.  But a jeweler should have been able to ID a citrine or a sun opal or if it is a piece of glass.  It could b a yellow sapphire, but again I would expect a jeweler to recognize it.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

I'm having trouble taking pics but maybe these are better.

Ring I found in purse 008.JPGRing I found in purse 005.JPGRing I found in purse 002.JPGRing I found in purse 001.JPG

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

The person that looked at it was from a pawn shop so that might explain a lot. You can't see thru the ring.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

Also there is a stamp on both sides under neath but it looks like 14k on both sides. That seems a little odd and it's

hard for me to see.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

My guesses would be sun opal, amber, glass, but not necessarily in that order.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

My first thought was Mexican fire opal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

Has that deep sourwood honey look . Looks like Topaz or Amber to me , but I would be surprised the jeweler did not recognize them . Hmmmm

Mermaid 🌺

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Help with birthstone

P.S. Skin tone underneath changes the color . Looks different on the paper and table , so it definitely has some translucency .   

Mermaid 🌺 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply