cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help verify if this gorgeous Deco Rhinestone set is Juliana?

Hello everyone! I hope I'm in the right place, as these boards have sure jumped around! 🙂 Once again, I'm in your debt for confirming if this fabulous set is Juliana before I list it. Have studied the fabulous DeLizza & Elzer site, and I THINK this is Juliana. The hook clasp looks right, but not sure about the Clip backs. Will wait for your Replies! Many thanks! Woman Very Happy
Deco Set 001.JPGDeco Set 004.JPGDeco Set 005.JPGDeco Set 006.JPG

Curious Minds want to Know
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Not in my book and not on the verified site - of course that doesn't mean it isn't D&E.  From the clip backs on the earrings - I would say no.  JMHO.  I cannot say whether during the limited time that Juliana line was made that they used many clear only necklaces.  I have seen predominately colored stones or clear mixed with beads, etc..  There were no clear only sets in the book either. 

Others will chime in later on I am sure. 

Photobucket
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thanks Sophie! I still have much to learn about Juliana! 🙂 Didn't realize they didn't do many clear rhinestones. Forgot about that!
But we'll see if anyone agrees. I have a feeling you're probably right..... Thanks again!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Although the most well known line from D&E, Juliana was only produced for a very short time period - If I remember right about 2 years?  So really, most of what is called Juliana is really just D&E.

Just a note, since I failed to mention in my earlier post, I would not list this as Deco, as it certainly is not that time period.

Even if it remains a mystery as to who made it, it is still a very lovely set and should do well for you. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Was just looking at our pinned D&E Topic and I see Sandy has posted a set with what looks like the same clipbacks on the earrings.

Edit: Message 27 on the topic.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thanks again Sophie! And I meant Deco Style, don't you agree?? It's really fabulous! Wish I knew who the maker is 🙂

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Hello again! I didn't see your message, so apologies for not replying. I still don't know why I don't get my emails immediately. But could you point me to where to find the "pinned D&E topic" is? Need all the help I can get 🙂 Thanks so much!
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Think I found it! And the set does show similar Earring Backs as this set. Darn, the mystery deepens! Is it or Isn't It D&E? 🙂 And seems they didn't do many Clear sets, right? Thanks again!!
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

🙂

I happened upon the set Sandy posted when new posts were made to the Topic. I had a vague memory of having seen those earring backs on D&E but thought I must have been mistaken until I saw that image.

To me your set seems 1960s-80s because of the necktie design (untied on the necklace and tied on the earrings.) I am not sure when those clipbacks were first used but I think of them as a later version (also 60s-80s.) I associate Deco with screwbacks and quite different clip styles. I am not an expert though.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

This set is not art deco, it is  a newer style circa 1980's.  

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Oh my goodness, you have opened my eyes to the NECKTIE design! 🙂 I didn't even notice it! Thinking they were ribbons of some kind! How clever of you! So, to be clear, are you saying they "Are" or "Might be" by D&E? As for using Deco in the description; the whole piece seemed rather Deco to me because of the straignt lines, etc. Seems I'm still a Babe in the Woods!Smiley Very Happy
Appreciate you sharing what you know.....Thanks again!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

When it comes to D&E I am only a toddler myself.

If this is 1980s era it might take someone with the recent D&E Book to see if this design is included in the examples.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Looks like I may have to invest in some of the research books. Or hope someone can chime in 🙂 Thanks again! I DO have some other pieces that have all the correct aspects of D&E, so will work on those for now. Always a pleasure to have these boards!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I checked the Knutson & Wacker book over a cuppa this AM and can't find this precise design. 

But gosh, there are some awful pieces of the more modern D&E ... ! Not a patch on the earlier D&E, with the gorgeous rainbow of  rhinestones, and meticulous attention to detail. It really is quite an eye opener to see a  brooch with a  ponytail girl resin cameo glued  into a  faux gold setting complete with large bow, and  to think that this is the same company that produced some of those intricate and complex pieces from years earlier.

By comparison,  this set  is elegant, and quite classic. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for your time this morning! I agree, this piece looks so well-made! And there is a bit of string from the original tag; not sure that's relevant. But now I guess I just need some TIPS on Keywords for the Title? If anyone minds? I'm surprised to hear this piece is from the 1980's but you all know better than me, so am grateful to at least have the age! Any good keywords welcome! I like that you called it classic and elegant. And QUITE sparkly! 🙂 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply