cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to identify beautiful flower pendant with golden bee inside flower. Chain marked Korea.

I have this piece of vintage jewelry up on ebay. I did not find anything like it when I put it up for sale. The chain is marked Korea but the flower itself has no marks that I can see. It is made of a golden toned metal and the bee is golden toned. I don't even recognize the flower. The reason I am asking for help is because no one is really looking at it. I figured if I could put more information on it people would start looking at it. It is from my Mother's estate jewelry so I have no idea where she got it.  Maybe someone will recognize the design. I don't even know if this pendant was originally with this chain. It was the only pendant without a chain and this chain was single also.korean pendant.jpgkorean pendant2.jpgkorean pendant3.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Help to identify beautiful flower pendant with golden bee inside flower. Chain marked Korea.

I believe your flower is an Orchid. The Bee is likely not a Bee but part of Flower.

Cold painted Enamel
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I don't think the chain is original to the pendant.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I wasn't sure either. Mom probably switched chains from another pendant for length. I don't know what chain it would be though. If I could find a picture of the two pieces together it would help..
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Is the pendant goldtone and the chain silvertone?

The photographs are not close enough to be able to see the detail on the pendant well.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don't believe the chain goes with the pendant anyway. The ones I have been able to bring up have a black heavy string or ribbon type tie, not a chain. I guess I should take it off.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Gorgeous enamel work! Probably on brass.  If it was gold, they wouldnt cover all teh gold but leave it exposed and most likely a central part of the artwork meant to be seen.  I have seen these made by a student in my silver work class and it is amazing how they are made and fired.  Lucky find!  And yeah an orchid.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I tried taking a close up of the pendant for those that asked. This is the best I could do. Picks up light from every angle. Center is all gold tone. Hope this helps.korean flower.png

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Is the dark red and the white enameling?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi, The red would be enameling and I believe the white is painted over the red enameling.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply