cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harlequin Jester pin for id please

Hi, I have this Harlequin Jester pin that is am not finding to ID him. He is only marked sterling and the stones look jelly bellies to me. He is 2 3/4 inches longaugust4 013.JPGaugust4 014.JPGaugust4 015.JPGThanks for any help or direction, Laineyaugust4 017.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have seen this Harlequin Jester Troubadour before, unfortunately I have never seen it actually identified as to the maker.  It is done in the style of Boucher, but it also could be Coro or Trifari or any number of other great designers.  I believe it is from the late 30s early 40s due to it being a vewrmeil piece, sterling with a gold wash.  Also I believe the stones are glass, therefore, they are not Jelly Bellies, which were Lucite, but jewel tone cabochons.  It's a great piece.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ive had that piece.  The patent belongs to Urie Mandel, dated 1947

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Cleio, do you have the patent number?  I would love to add the patent with the picture to my private research folder.  TIA

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

146752. Its actually in CJ 202

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Cleio.  I'll go take a look in my 202 once things calm down here.  🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply