cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Post 'em if you got 'em!  Keep the pictures smaller so they'll load more quickly, and please no live auctions.  

101_0059.JPG

Just re-found in my stash - 800 silver and coral strawberry.

101_0063.JPG

Sterling and butterfly wing. 

101_0058.JPG

Cast silver.  Can't bring myself to list it.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Eye Candycane Wednesday

"Can't bring myself to list it"  ... yeah,  that's my problem too!

Had my gallbladder out on Monday so not too much shopping around here, except online, of course.

Scored this on Sunday at a 50% off left over sale at a Church Bazaar.

Very modern 18k and plastic cord choker. Love it, and it looks absolutely great on, comfortable too. 

Yet another keeper, LOL.

015.JPG

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

A few more from Saturday's "I'm not shopping" trip to the flea

100_2844.JPG

Large Miracle brooch

100_2841.JPG

Miriam Haskell

100_2840.JPG

Weiss

100_2842.JPG

Coro Duette with some dead stones

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Wow Very nice finds.  Hope you are feeling better Arlene and are back on the jewel finding trail soon.

Ran into this crystal menagerie.  These are all signed Swarovski.

WE4008.jpg

WE4010.jpg

WE4011.jpg

WE4012.jpg

WE4013.jpg

Unsigned

This is my favorite and one I will be keeping for myself.

WE4009.jpg

Signed Silver Deer/Crystal Zoo

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Thanks for the good wishes, Sandy. That is one great menagerie you have there, the snail is just adorable.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

101_0059.JPG

Have to crow about this one.  I went to an overpriced charity thrift today and found this.  It looks like a costume painted pansy, about an inch across.  Guess again.  The pearl is real, the black is baked on, and there's a nice fat 14k mark on the clasp.  There's a watch holder on the back.  1950s Victorian Revival is my guess; it has a C clasp but the hinge isn't old.   It has some sort of maker's mark too, but I don't know whose.  It'll probably go locally. The price?  Eight bucks.  

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Score!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

FWIW, this AM I have done some research the mark on my choker shown here.

The mark is as follows: 18k Italy .. then the Italian registration mark ...a star, followed by 1228 VI (my eyes were so hoping for 1226 VI)

Nice enough,  but NOT an Authentic Roberto Coin Africa  18K yellow gold rubber necklace choker.

No ruby for one thing, and the design is subtly different to Coin's Africa series.At least now I know that the brown material is rubber and not plastic, LOL.

Not Roberto Coin, and therein lies a thousand or more dollars.  But  this company was most definitely copying a Coin design. Interesting.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Arlene, that is an interesting necklace. When you mentioned Africa i remembered something about the Maker of my Ivory Bracelet. He also made Elephent Hair bracelets. I wonder if your rubber is meant to simulate Elephant Hair?
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Good point, OCN I  think that's it 100%,  ... the rubber cords are intended to simulate elephant hair. 

This is so  interesting in quite a few respects:

1) how close the mark is to the registered Roberto Coin one (1228 vs 1226 VI). The marks are small enough that you need good eyes and a good loupe to see the difference. 

2). The similarity to Roberto Coin's Africa Line ... even down to  the way it's marked .. with 18kt Italy and not the standard 750 in a cartouche.

Deliberate? I'd lay money on it being so!

Wish I could track down the company that uses this  registration mark, but so far, no luck.  

But now I know why it caught my eye at the bazaar last week .. it reminded me of jewelry  I'd seen in South Africa in the 1970s and 1980s made of gold and elephant hair. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Cool 🙂

I tried this page (which you might know about) but no joy 😞

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27003
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Arlene,

Don't know if this will help, but I've seen others for sale,  here and otherwise, that didn't have the ruby (the listing said "made before he started putting a ruby on", and one was even marked the 1226 rather than the 1228.

I think you might have the real thing!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

Hi Helen, I saw those too and am not sure what to think ...

I'd love this to be the real deal, but am worried by this 1228 mark. I'll contact someone at the Roberto Coin website and see if they can shed some light on this.

OCN thanks for that link, I had checked it out earlier and no dice.

Anyway, sorry to have hijacked this thread, if I have any more info I will start a new thread, promise!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

This eyecandy is interesting!!! I never knew elephants had hair? But if you all say so , then I absolutely believe it.. and the necklace as well as the other things are beautiful!!!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Eye Candycane Wednesday

I think it's from their tails.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply