cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is picking on me this week

This is a vent, so feel free to change the channel 😜.  Three times this week ebay ended one of my items citing search manipulation.  I felt nothing was wrong and so did the rep I talked to who guaranteed me it wouldn't happen again.  The 2nd time it happened, I called again and was told the same thing, but just in case I moved some of the words around.  Taken down again!  All 3 times the reps could not tell me what I did wrong, so my listing sat in limbo all week.  I did a search for the exact words I used, and found 1,100,000 listings using those words in the title.

I had another listing taken down twice for jewelry policy because I described a rhinestone as sapphire blue, although there are 4,400 listings using sapphire blue in their titles in the fashion jewelry category.

Neither of my listings violated policy.  This is a BOT problem that's cost me time, money and aggravation!

Now would you like to hear about my non-paying customers or my returns that ebay is still allowing an extra month for, although the pandemic is essentially over 😫?  

If you haven't changed the channel yet, feel free to add your own vent 😀!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Ugh, they stink. Wonder if the listing was reported?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

You have peeked my interest 🤨

Is it possible to PM me the titles 🧐

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

I am so sorry this has happened to you, dream..esp this time of year!  Makes no sense at all ! 😖  Esp the sapphire blue situation.  I suppose if we say something is 'grass green' it will get pulled cause it`s not grass.

Is there anyone you can go to OVER a 'reps' head?? 

I don`t have any vents to add..since I`m not selling right now..but I did read on E-commerce news today..looks like everyone might be forced into International sales 'eventually'.

Pretty much  all that`s left for Ebay to do is price our merchandise for us   

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

@dream*peddler  I am also pizzed that your listings are being targeted.

@1940fc I suppose ebay will for the Global Shipping Program at the same time 🤬 

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Each time I spoke to a rep, we escalated the case to the policy department which was supposed to get back to me a week ago and never did.  I'm really mad at myself because I knew before I called that it was a bot problem and the rep was only going to parrot back the policy I just read to myself 5 times.  This is how every call to ebay goes.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I would put them here for everyone to see, but I changed the wording and re-listed them yesterday.  I'll PM you the original titles.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Sorry for you.  Honestly, this sounds like a reporting issue. Someone seems to be targeting you. I don’t think a “bot” would keep ending the same listing. Especially since you changed the wording. It’s happened to me I the past. Hope it works out for you. Cheers . Also, people can stink, big time. 

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

That is true, mscurl!

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

I appreciate your vent, sometimes it is good just to get it out of your system !

I kept getting a listing pulled because I used 'Ivory white' as a color descriptor, and kept getting the notice that 'Ivory items are prohibited', so I have to think it is a bot, as any real person would know this was a color, not item.  I changed to 'off-white' and it went through.

but I still think ivory white sounds prettier!  off-white sounds dirty.......

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

@dream*peddler   I am in agreement, while on a smaller scale I've had a number of listings taken down in the past despite NOT violating any Policy.  The electronic Bot Brigade needs a new General ... the one in charge now is too far from the front lines ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Dream,  I am also sorry for the frustration coming your way.  Although not as bad as your situation,  I’ve had a few odd things happening on eBay lately as well.  2 things to be exact.  I guess I should brace for the third.  😳😂

Definitely PM me the original titles,  I’m so curious.  

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

The bots are being bots again.  Ivory sweaters anyone?  Those used to get taken down, and probably still do, despite eBay having Ivory in its own pull-down for colors of clothing. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

@mscurl wrote:

Sorry for you.  Honestly, this sounds like a reporting issue. Someone seems to be targeting you. I don’t think a “bot” would keep ending the same listing. Especially since you changed the wording. It’s happened to me I the past. Hope it works out for you. Cheers . Also, people can stink, big time. 

Exactly what I am thinking also. 

It seems like sometimes eBay just accepts when a listing is reported as a violation that it is a violation without actually verifying if the report is legitimate or not.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

@treasureislandpearls wrote:

I appreciate your vent, sometimes it is good just to get it out of your system !

I kept getting a listing pulled because I used 'Ivory white' as a color descriptor, and kept getting the notice that 'Ivory items are prohibited', so I have to think it is a bot, as any real person would know this was a color, not item.  I changed to 'off-white' and it went through.

but I still think ivory white sounds prettier!  off-white sounds dirty.......

Well look at what eBay has listed as ivory white. There are over 1.4 million items.  I wonder if it is someone reporting your items.  Why wouldn't a Bot be able to catch all of these the same way I just found them in a search?

stephenmorgan_0-1670558357100.png

Message 15 of 47
latest reply