cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone recognize these two sterling rhinestone figurals? One looks like a genie....

P1010055 (56).JPGP1010057 (50).JPGI doubt that they are a pair, but obviously by the same maker.  Only marked Sterling.  My first thought was Reja, but am coming up empty on that search.  I've tried searching more for the male figure, as I think he can be described as a Genie, but harder to come up with a search description for the female.  Haven't been able to find either of them.  Does anyone recognize either of these?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Does anyone recognize these two sterling rhinestone figurals? One looks like a genie....

Can't help on the maker but they give off more of a Madri Gra or Carnival vibe to me. Just my 2cents worth.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There is a photo of the woman figure on Pinterest, but it says the brooch is by Coro. That said, the titles of some of the things on Pinterest sometimes don't match up with the photos. It's a reasonable start, though. Hre's the link to the Pinterest page.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/90283167519945755/

A.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you both!  That is a good start.  It was an Ebay auction, which ended in 2018, so the photos are no longer available to view the back.  Seller didn't list it as sterling, but the mark is difficult to see on mine, so the seller may have missed it.  She said someone 'told her' that it was Coro, so very iffy there.  Gotta start somewhere!😄

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The male figure might also be a sultan.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I looked a good bit more on Pinterest but didn't find the male figure. Based on the similar design lines of the figures and the color of the metal, I'd say these pieces were made by the same company at roughly the same time. The figures look like 40s to me.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the two figures with a designer attribution.

A.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for all your help folks!  Sultan is also a good key word search & I didn't think of it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I looked here and didn't fin a patent for your pieces.  There are a couple that are similar.  

https://imageevent.com/clios_vintage_jewelry/coropatents/coropatentsfiguralpeople;jsessionid=mp8r634... 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks Sandy!  I had that site saved on an old computer & have now re-saved it to favorites.  While perusing it, I did find something else I've got stashed away somewhere🤗

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I also checked Google images but didn't find anything. Used a lot of search word combinations there, as well as Pinterest. Someone else searching in both those places with different search words might find it where I didn't. Sometimes these things are random.

While I was looking around I found that there were pieces by Trifari, Reja, and Coro that had the same design lines, most likely made in the 1940s, with very similar color of metal.

Ah well, I'll keep my eye out anyway.

A.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply