cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description help with older pink set please!

Im at a loss for key words here, other than pink satin glass.

pink satin glass set front.JPG

pink satin glass set necklace.JPG

it seems to be ARt Deco era, but not really Art Deco style.  It looks like its Czech, but its not signed anywhere. I do think its unusual to find a matching set? Id appreciate any ideas!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Is the center pendant a butterfly or maybe lady bug? 

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thought it was leaves and scrolls, but now I can see a stylized bug!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

More Nouveau than Deco imho

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I agree it does look more like Art Nouveau /Jugendstil Style and possibly German /Austrian /Czech.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Also, is it as it seems - a bracelet & necklace?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The metal looks pewter.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Glass? Does the stripe of light move with the light in the pink cabs?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Its a satin glass rather than a cats eye type, I think its Czech but I dont know eneough about that jewelry to confirm it and its not marked anywhere.

I agree the style is more Art Nouveau, but mentally I was placing it in the 20s to 40s time frame. 

The chain and clasps are made of silver plated brass.  I really dont know what the body of the necklace and bracelet are made of.  Thought it was silver but it doenst pass any of the tests.

here's a pic of the clasps and backs if that helps

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

pink satin glass set backs.JPG

sorry had to run to another computer.  THe metal is flat backs as if it was astamped rather than molded, and the cabs are soldered on the top

ssport ring clasps

pink satin glass set clasps.JPG

pink satin glass set first image.JPG

Message 10 of 10
latest reply